Best waterproofing set for ws5 set up

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
The WS5s are NOT Waterproof!!

To my knowledge the WS5s is a waterproof setup for the Deus.
I can't seem to find how waterproof they are... (3meters or 30 meters)
If you have the remote there is a kit for that comes with an external antenna and waterproof case for the remote.
The antenna (length of coax cable) needs to be in contact with the coil and the remote/WS5/WS4 to be effective.
If you only plan to wade all you would still need is an antenna, but I would think it would be troublesome.
The biggest problem you will encounter the end of the antenna needs to be within inches of the remote or in your case the WS5s to get a signal.
Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the WS4s (back phones + puck module) were weatherproof but not the WS5's. To be safe. I would put the main control module in a dry pouch with a wired headphone jack just in case the module were knocked off the pole and use weather or waterproof wired headphones and wrap an antenna around the coil. You can get all of the above separately for less than the kit or just get the kit.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deus makes the whole kit with antenna ,pouch for controller if I was gonna water hunt with it thats the way I would go I believe I saw the kit at big boy hobbies but there was somewhere else cant remember just google it , The ws 5 is weather proof not water proof to my knowledge.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I'm sorry I stand/sit corrected...
I had waterproof on my mind as I researched for an answer to the OP's question, I read weatherproof as waterproof.
That would be the reason I could not find a depth for the WS5s.
They are WEATHERPROOF..... DO NOT take them in the water!
So... The only way that I know of to make the Deus waterproof is to use the controller with a waterproof kit.
I've used mine this way and it works quite well in fresh water. Salt not so much.
On a dry beach it worked great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread