xp deus in iron ,tips and tricks full tones video

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice calabash. Disregard my question in the other thread concerning iron audio. I forgot that it doesn't matter with full tones. I do have a question though, what would happen in you increased the TX from 1 to let's say 2 or 3?

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Very nice calabash. Disregard my question in the other thread concerning iron audio. I forgot that it doesn't matter with full tones. I do have a question though, what would happen in you increased the TX from 1 to let's say 2 or 3?

In my experience if you saturate the iron-filled ground with too much power, you'll end up handicapping the Deus' ability to distinguish targets. I always imagine the size and strength of the electromagnetic field growing larger as TX increases...which means the Deus sees more under the coil at one time....mid-to-high TX in an iron-y environment with halos around targets could very well lead to an inability of the Deus to make sense of it all. A little power goes a long way in iron with the Deus. That said, if you're searching for a BB at 10 inches in a clean environment then ramp it up to TX-3 :tongue3:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes sense. I guess it's all a part of tuning the Deus to fit your environment.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right about the tx when its to high ggosage. It also makes for what ive heard described as a fruit salad audio ,when you lower it to 1 it calms it down some but its a busy program in the iron. I have a second iron program with tx on 2 but its for when it thins out some. More is not always better and this is the case when in thick iron or trash. IT WORRIED ME ABOUT LOWERING THE SEN TO 86 AND TX TO 1 but there are really no worries its plenty deep enough and the benefits you get in the iron well its the right way to go and ive used it this way on numerous sites it flat out works!

bspkayaker

Feb 7, 2015
Conway SC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash...Thanks for taking the time to put the video together. Now I realize I have certainly missed a lot of goods. Very helpful and looking forward to going back to some of the trashy sites again.

I did notice awhile back when I was at an old foundation, that at one spot I receive a very small good signal and I mean just a very tiny bleed through bleep in iron. I decided to dig it and first pulled out a small nail, dug down more, and pulled out
a very large nail. At this point I said to myself "oh its just iron", I was going to refill the hole when I decided to re-scan with the detector and get another high tone. I dig down further and pull out a nice Connecticut Copper. I was amazed
that the Deus could even see that copper at all in the beginning with the amount and size of the nails above the coin, unbelievable!

Thanks again for the great video!

- Brian

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video CD. I have been getting those VDI 6 "iron" signals and will have take a second look at my relic sites next time (I also get them a lot with rusty bottlecaps so go figure - but that is mainly a beach and park hazard lol). Only tip I would provide regarding your first video is make sure you pause the narration long enough to let your viewers to hear the deus tones at your test targets. Otherwise, you are a natural MD video prodigy. Thanks for the tips and looking forward to more video tips. Nice test garden too. Not sure I can get permission from the boss to do that on our postage stamp back lawn. ha.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vferrari I caught that after I watched it too. My last one I posted has the best lesson in it in the last 5 minutes of part 2. Vdi reads 3 and out pops a flat button!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread