Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. You remove the "puck" from the headset, slide that adapter onto it, then plug in your 3.5mm ear buds. The volume adjustment is on the puck.

Hey... Wilkes County... welcome to TNet from a fellow North Carolinian, and Deus user!

OP
OP
GunnerPop

GunnerPop

Jun 4, 2016
Wilkes county NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well hello there Meck - and thanks for the info. The backphones aren't the most comfortable things so I'm going to try ear buds of some kind.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will find that the WS4 puck is very versatile. I have used the horseshoe adapter with wired phones on the WS4 in my vest/shirt pocket or tucked into one of those phone arm pouches used for jogging. I even invested in the wrist mount for the puck/audio adapter too since it makes it easier to glance at the vdi when you get a signal. There is also a stem mount now for the WS4 PUCK, but if I am going to use that, I figure I might as well just use the headphone jack on the main control unit. The stem mount could come in handy if you don't have a waterproof case for the main control unit (or just want to protect it) since the ws4 puck is water resistant. Also, the ws4 can be married to a number of 3rd party around the ear headsets as an alternative to the the backphones. Also, if you have two coils you can split out the ws4 and the main control box and effectively have two detectors since you can link each coil separately to the ws4 and the control box, amazing. All-in-all, the versatility of the ws4 puck is amazing and since the WS5 module is not removable, that is why I opted for the WS4. Great machine, the Deus. Enjoy your new detector!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions