what is the most practical settings in 130 cm depth

metallist

Apr 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody,
i'm using 11" coil with my deus. but i need a real settings for very large targets 25x25 cm (jugs of bronze, silver,copper or gold) at the depth of 130 cm maximum.
Is that even possible at this depth and dimension?

if yes,
1-what frequency? 4k or 8k?
2-what discr.?
3-what reactivity level?
4-what sensitivity?
5-what ground balance? i'm running away from false signals :laughing7:
6-which tone? 2tones, 3tones, 4tones, 5tones or full tones?
7-what Audio.R?

I need your help, experienced guys
Thanks a lot

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like your looking for something over 4 feet. Sounds like you need a two box type detector.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
With a piece of Deus, good luck mate.

OP
OP
M

metallist

Apr 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your looking for something over 4 feet. Sounds like you need a two box type detector.

Thanks Bart, in theory I think we can get to this depth, but with which settings, I don't know, that's why i asked these question...

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a backstory here that I would LOVE to hear!!

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess have to be in "all metal mode" ..not discriminate

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless these jugs are the size of King Kong's drinking glass (approximately the size of a refrigerator) I think it's safe to say the Deus w/ a 13x11 coil with 4khz 0 disc Reac 0 sil -1 sens 99 gb tuned negative 5 points from w/e reading you get from pumping still won't hit it.

As Bart said, what you will most likely need is the 2 box detector attachment which, if you're wanting to use with your Deus, hasn't been released yet. It's a tough question to answer as most of us have never pursued such a treasure. If you know the approximate size of the jugs, you may want to consider filling one with copper pennies, burying it, and seeing what your results are. I believe the settings I listed would give you the best possible depth the deus is capable of. Tones - I'm not sure this would matter as a filled jug would be a long, high tonal signal. Again, a test dig w/ a jug filled with copper pennies I would think would be a good (and cost effective) place to start.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree with DeepDigs. Those settings he suggested would give you the best chance of detecting something of that size at those depths but the two box would be your best bet. Good luck...

OP
OP
M

metallist

Apr 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless these jugs are the size of King Kong's drinking glass (approximately the size of a refrigerator) I think it's safe to say the Deus w/ a 13x11 coil with 4khz 0 disc Reac 0 sil -1 sens 99 gb tuned negative 5 points from w/e reading you get from pumping still won't hit it.

As Bart said, what you will most likely need is the 2 box detector attachment which, if you're wanting to use with your Deus, hasn't been released yet. It's a tough question to answer as most of us have never pursued such a treasure. If you know the approximate size of the jugs, you may want to consider filling one with copper pennies, burying it, and seeing what your results are. I believe the settings I listed would give you the best possible depth the deus is capable of. Tones - I'm not sure this would matter as a filled jug would be a long, high tonal signal. Again, a test dig w/ a jug filled with copper pennies I would think would be a good (and cost effective) place to start.

Special thanks to DeepDigs, i'm still thinking about your words, regard to the text above, i have to pass up discrimination, but what about tx power and iron volume? G.B. less than 90, machine will hit the hot rocks, empty jar and jugs, ground electromagnetic fields and mineralizations! So i have to dig everywhere. :dontknow:
Finding a place without any pollution and then test that idea is a good way. But discr. and stability are still vital for me.

OP
OP
M

metallist

Apr 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with DeepDigs. Those settings he suggested would give you the best chance of detecting something of that size at those depths but the two box would be your best bet. Good luck...

Thanks ColonelDan, do you know what the release date of xp tow box? Do you have any information about this two box (about discrimination, price, etc.)?

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Special thanks to DeepDigs, i'm still thinking about your words, regard to the text above, i have to pass up discrimination, but what about tx power and iron volume? G.B. less than 90, machine will hit the hot rocks, empty jar and jugs, ground electromagnetic fields and mineralizations! So i have to dig everywhere. :dontknow:
Finding a place without any pollution and then test that idea is a good way. But discr. and stability are still vital for me.

TX power 3, Iron Volume 0 (I wouldn't be concerned about hearing iron unless I was looking for a site that no longer existed. Then, I would have the iron volume on 2 or 3. Once found, I'd turn it to 1 or off)

Be mindful, that with a lower Reactivity setting, your sweep speed will need to be reduced as well. I personally use the approximate swing speed from left to right: reactivity 3 - 1 second/reactivity 2 - 2 seconds/reactivity 1 - 3 seconds/reactivity 0 - 4 seconds. Gary from XP has a good video on how this works on YouTube as well.

I've never had to deal with hot rocks, but I believe they can be eliminated with ground notch. I'd suggest a Google search on "XP deus hot rocks" and see what comes up. Perhaps there's even a YouTube video on that subject.

Good luck on your adventure!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

metallist

Apr 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TX power 3, Iron Volume 0 (I wouldn't be concerned about hearing iron unless I was looking for a site that no longer existed. Then, I would have the iron volume on 2 or 3. Once found, I'd turn it to 1 or off)

Be mindful, that with a lower Reactivity setting, your sweep speed will need to be reduced as well. I personally use the approximate swing speed from left to right: reactivity 3 - 1 second/reactivity 2 - 2 seconds/reactivity 1 - 3 seconds/reactivity 0 - 4 seconds. Gary from XP has a good video on how this works on YouTube as well.

I've never had to deal with hot rocks, but I believe they can be eliminated with ground notch. I'd suggest a Google search on "XP deus hot rocks" and see what comes up. Perhaps there's even a YouTube video on that subject.

Good luck on your adventure!

Great, it was very useful for me. Thanks DeepDigs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread