Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't put the Deus away for the winter yet but likely will soon.

Presents unique storage options, obviously with other detectors you just take the batteries out and you are good until spring ... Not an option with the Deus.

The manual I think recommends periodic draining and recharging when not being used, what is the best way to accomplish this, just turn it on and leave it on now and then ?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On page 34 of the manual (Power Supply - batteries, Lithium Polymer (LIPO) Battery Durability) it says,

"Attention: Long term storage of discharged batteries may reduce their overall durability. If the detector has to be placed in storage, first charge the batteries to half of their capasity (40%-70%). Ideally, you should then discharge/recharge them at least once a month.

- Do not store your device for long periods with discharged batteries!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man I feel for you guys who live so far up there that thw winter kills the season.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I feel for you guys who live most of the year in an oven. Remember, you can always put more clothes on, but there's only so much you can take off! :tongue1: :laughing9:

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On page 34 of the manual (Power Supply - batteries, Lithium Polymer (LIPO) Battery Durability) it says,

"Attention: Long term storage of discharged batteries may reduce their overall durability. If the detector has to be placed in storage, first charge the batteries to half of their capasity (40%-70%). Ideally, you should then discharge/recharge them at least once a month.

- Do not store your device for long periods with discharged batteries!

Yeah, I know.
My question was whats the best way to go about discharge, I know you can randomly turn it on and let it sit like that all day to discharge, was hoping there was a better way.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I feel for you guys who live most of the year in an oven. Remember, you can always put more clothes on, but there's only so much you can take off! :tongue1: :laughing9:

BTW - Spring, Fall, and Winter are for relics and coins. Summer is for beach coins and jewelry around my area. Deus gets a full year workout. Like winter hunting because the overgrowth is gone and hence more spaces to swing a coil. If it gets too hot, that's what water hunting is for. Lucky to be situated where its not too cold or too hot to generally be able to hunt somehow, someway. Work, family time, and chores are what control hunting for me - hardly ever the weather.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know.
My question was whats the best way to go about discharge, I know you can randomly turn it on and let it sit like that all day to discharge, was hoping there was a better way.

Sounds like you still want to discharge it, which is exactly what you do not want to do because the coil discharges on its own through that continuously blinking LED because it is always looking to pair to the coil or headset. Not as quickly as when its paired to the control box or headphones but it discharges nevertheless. That's why I would just top it off if I were going to store mine for any prolonged length of time and just let it discharge through the normal led circuit, charging it about once a month if unused. You definitely don't want to chance a 100% discharge, so don't try finessing the capacity by discharging before storage. The only way you can "control" the discharge to a certain point is to pair it with control box, that way you can read the coil battery capacity when it periodically pops up on the control screen, but I still recommend against doing this. As far as storage is concerned, best be concerned about the environment you store it in because you probably want to avoid exposing it to daily extreme ambient temperature variations over a prolonged period of time which can be more detrimental to the battery and electronics than the state of charge upon storage. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread