Deus rocs the ancient gold rush site.

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry for the double post below... wanted to put a straight picture in here. I found the top eagle buckle today with my Deus. I also found the chinese coin in the picture with my Deus. And in the hole with the chinese coin was the three iron nails below the chinese coin. And the Deus found it. So, there ya go..

Attachments

• IMG_20161204_204921.jpg
    IMG_20161204_204921.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20161204_202243.jpg
    IMG_20161204_202243.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one nice buckle.

I found a 1700's Chinese coin and thought "What are you doing here?". But I'm starting think they were somewhat common at one time.
Good saves.

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so many good finds there. amazing. have yet to find me a Chinese coin. love to someday. congrats!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score love iron infested sights keeps other detectorists away

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds! I found one of those chinese coins too, congrats again on some nice finds.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet eagle buckle and the other brass. Any military plate or buckle is on my relic bucket list. I don't need you to give me exact google coordinates of your honey hole, but general region of the country would be nice to know for context. Assuming out west, but what do I know. Found a couple of similar large caliber casings in a neighborhood soccer field over the weekend (not exactly hunting/target practice friendly area) which was a little disturbing unless they came along with the fill dirt for the field. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sure! I live in Folsom, California, and this region is where I found the buckle. And, yes, its the Folsom with the prison. Hunting relics where Johnny Cash sang the Folsom prison blues. Heart of the California gold rush.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Again, awesome finds! How do you have your Deus set up? Are you using some variation of Deus Fast?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im not mr pro deus user by any means. for this hunt, i was looking for buckles exclusively and they are big and deep, so i was using the 8 frequency, with no disc, no silencer, maybe 1 reactivity, a bit lower sensitivity like maybe 85, just trying to get the thing to go as deep as I could. If you take a garett pinpointer and look at it, the buckles depth was from the tip of the pinpointer to the speaker. so, i dont know how far down that is. I was looking to try another detector, but not anymore. After i found the buckle, I found a pristine Chinese gold rush coin with four freekin iron square nails in the same hole. The Deus is for real. The buckle hit at 87, 88. I put the thing in Deus fast and then tune it to my liking and site conditions from there. I used to hunt in the higher frequencies, but, i am changing my thinking on that. At least for relics. Maybe thats what i should have been doing all along. Lemme know your thoughts.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not mr pro deus user by any means. for this hunt, i was looking for buckles exclusively and they are big and deep, so i was using the 8 frequency, with no disc, no silencer, maybe 1 reactivity, a bit lower sensitivity like maybe 85, just trying to get the thing to go as deep as I could. If you take a garett pinpointer and look at it, the buckles depth was from the tip of the pinpointer to the speaker. so, i dont know how far down that is. I was looking to try another detector, but not anymore. After i found the buckle, I found a pristine Chinese gold rush coin with four freekin iron square nails in the same hole. The Deus is for real. The buckle hit at 87, 88. I put the thing in Deus fast and then tune it to my liking and site conditions from there. I used to hunt in the higher frequencies, but, i am changing my thinking on that. At least for relics. Maybe thats what i should have been doing all along. Lemme know your thoughts.

Sounds like a solid program. Like I say, can't mess with success. Only comment I would make is set Disc at 1 to lessen ground feedback effect, but it that was not bothering you and you had tone and horseshoe indication of iron when you wanted it, go for 0 disc. If you want to try an alternate "all metal" mode you can try gold field at 8 khz. You won't be able to id by tone because its a vco mode. Tone and intensity increase with proximity to the target - you might get slight distortions on big trash targets like cans or big iron but to get a positive id you need to use the tid number on the remote display or just dig every signal. Your chinese coin would display the same number you would just get a strong tone because of all the metal involved. Give it a whirl and see if its your cup of tea. Its deep, but if you like the tone id then stick with your program. You didn't say but I assume your were using full tones, correct?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on some really remarkable finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i will for sure try setting my disc at 1....im getting some ground feedback and have had trouble trying to get rid of it.....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ground feedback drives you nuts, then gold field may not be your thing. Worth trying it out to see - its a completely different experience. I also use it as a more sophisticated pinpointing program (than the built in pinpointer) because it displays tid when you are zeroing in on the target. Happy Hunting.

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds!
I'm not too far from you and have found six Chinese coins so far in my local Gold rush area.
Funny, I've only found three Indian heads and no silver so far.
Lots of brass buckles and musical reeds, suspender buckles etc.
The Deus has been perfect for going out to remote areas and either slow mode in forest or fast (reactivity) in the iron. It's just so versatile and portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread