Deus tecnology.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MXT is great in the iron infested spots as well, I've pulled many coins with iron in the hole with them. I'm thinking it does so well because of the detectors ability to prospect as well and the response time is also great. HH

I agree :) I have a MXT All Pro and mostly use a Detech 13" Ultimate coil on it. (I have a new Detech 10" x 5" coil coming to me now for it) I run it it Relic mode and can hear all of the iron, I disc out just above really small rusty nails and this thing is amazing.

Gary from Oregon

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, it's funny. You put three guys in a farm field, one with a CTX 3030, one with an XP Deus, and one with a Tesoro Vaquero, and their chances of coming up with some nice keepers are exactly the same. :skullflag:

OK... conversation over. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???No the conversation is not over just getting the go pro warmed up. I shot a video yesterday of the tonal responce to targets with the ace 150, nokta fors core, and the deus couldnt use the cortes because I put it on the first thing smoking out of here. I took the deus around the yard looking for clad dug 8 holes 4 were coins from the info it gave me should have benn 7 holes I knew in mind but dug it anyway. To say a one tone machine has the same capabilities and your chances are the same as a machine that has so much information in the tones and id to help you decide if its junk or good is just really not true,its not even close to true. Just locating a good target is made easier with multi tones because it sounds off different on good targets say as compared to foil, bb s etc and cause you to investigate imagine 50 targets in close together and they all sound the same . One tone on all targets just think about it having the same chance as a machine with target trace ,multi tones target id etc no matter how bad someone might want that to be true its not, we have alot of people come here and read about detecting and people make statements and have opinions and thats ok but if your reading this remember some of them are flat out wrong . Can a operator of the one tone machine tell you its a silver coin ,clad coin before they dig if they have no vdi or no difference really in the tonal responce? I can with the deus a high percentage of the time and made a video showing me do so. So no the conversation is not over about the tech of the U.S machines imo unless nobody else wants to talk about it. People look to us to help them where to spend their hard earned money , I will say this again for over 700.00 bucks the cortes was a joke I dont mean that in a disrespectful way to anybody ,I mean it I really dont . btw we have a hunt today and my friend uses a tesoro and hes bringing it so will have some footage of testing with it will post in the head to head section.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 2 cents on multi tones vs. single tones...

It depends on where you are hunting how many tones you pick.
Roman field > Single tone, you want to dig it all.
Clean old historical farm field > Single tone, you want to dig it all.
Trashy old farm field > 2 tones, low tone for small rusty nails, dig all the rest.
Old city park or sports fields with tons of pull tabs, foil, bottle caps, etc > Multi tones, you do not want to dig up the whole park.
Old historical city house site > 2 tones, you wont find many pull tabs, foil etc, so dig it all above small rusty nails.
1950's city house > multi tones, so much trash if you have only 1 tone you will have to dig up the whole yard.
Fancy green manicured lawn like the city court house > you want multi tone and only use a FBS (Minelab) detector.
With my Etrac I can cherry pick out only the silver, Indians, and the very deep coins only. You dont want to dig 100 holes in this type of site.

Conclusion > A single tone detector is fine but it will truly restrict you from hunting many great sites.
> A multi tone detector opens up the doors to hunt pretty much all sites.

Cala is correct in saying that new technology is better. It just is.

I have been digging since 1977 and started with a Bounty Hunter single tone detector. You set the discrimination to (1) and dug every single target with no pin pointer (Can you imagine how it was with no pin pointer back in the day :/ in the mud. It took so long to find every target). (I still have this detector)

Since then I have or had:
Another Bounty Hunter
Ace 350
AT Pro
F44
F75SE
MXT All Pro
Etrac
(all with every coil imaginable)

You must pick the right detector, the right coil, and the number of tones based on the site and ground conditions you are going to hunt. i always have my Etrac, F75 and MXT with me when I hunt in case we change sites or the ground conditions change.

HH > Gary from Oregon

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can cherry pick with my MXT just fine, either by using the disc. or going by the VDI. It would be easier with multi tone as you wouldn't have to use as much disc. or look at the screen. HH

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a discussion about old tech versus new tech and the fact is some old tech can still not be beat to this day. I have a Tom tuned CZ 6a to 11.9in on a dime that is over 25 years old and there is not a machine save the CTX and Etrac that comes close in my soil for old coins at depth. And it does way better on nickels than both of them. In all fairness a Tejon is basically a two tone machine you just basically silence the iron tone. The reason many of these sites are depleted of most of the good finds are due to Tesoro machines. A tejon, Bandido2 micromax or Vaquero can be just as productive in old sites with someone who knows how to use it. Heck, I can run around the park with a Compadre and find tons of clad in short order. Tesoros have a way of paying g for themselves in a very short time. And they are just plain fun to use. I have a lot of machines from old to new tech and wouldn't get rid of any of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread