Tell me about the XP Deus

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I am pondering whether or not to get a Deus. Some people seem to say they are superb about finding good stuff among iron junk and others seem to say they are great at finding iron. I don't get it. My Safari will get fooled a lot by rusty nails giving a silver tone and VID, and I don't find it needs to be swung slow at all and is a heavy beast to use for long hunts. My ATP is fast and light and a great trashy area coin shooter. I realize the Deus is nice and light and wireless is nice (I have Auvio phones too), but what are some really good reasons to go for a Deus? I have been detecting since 1970 and am a gear head for sure (also have an Infinium and Excal, and three different brands of pin pointers), but I need really great rationale to spend the bucks for a Deus. Come on you Deus guys, lemme hear something that makes me NEED rather than just WANT one!!!

So? What are you going to do? I'm frustrated. I want a GPZ 7000 that discriminates!!!! :skullflag:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can teach (translate and sort info) how to deal with deus engineering menu if UK and local gurus are not willing to share the knowledge they don't have. For free.

AKA S-Pro fan boy will teach XP Deus detectorists how to set up XP Deus.... :laughing7:
If this happens, would I become an experienced deus detectorist? ???

I'm finding this thread to be very interesting, but am very surprised to see this level of drama on this forum!

But may I please ask you one question? Please stop using the term "fan boy"? I find that to be very insulting, demeaning, and totally inappropriate for any sort of useful discussion. Thank you. Now I'm going to finish reading the thread.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm about to switch to version 2.0 just to see for myself.... cause that's how I roll - trust and verify!

I'm just hoping SuchMuch posts the info for the edification of all!

In case nobody has yet posted the English translation of this "engineering menu", here you go (imperfect Google xlate):

1. Calibration
2. Calibration 180
3. Tools
3.1 Phase ref
3.2 Parameters to
3.3 Viewing menu
3.3.1 Scrolling
3.3.2 X-Y.
3.4 Test cancellations
3.5.1 Cancel 4f
4. Tracking / Sol
4.1 Notch Ferrite
4.2 Nbr auto tracking
4.3 Decalage tracking
4.4 Hysteresis tracking
4.5 Histogram
4.6 Threshold tracking
4.7 Threshold auto tracking
4.8 Inhibition
4.9 Reject
5. Display / Pinpoint
5.1 Display Threshold
5.2 ****** display
5.3 Only Pinpoint
5.4 ****** pinpoint
5.5 Linear viewing
6. Audio
6.1 Sound Modulation
6.2 Audio filtering
6.3 Min Sound
6.4 Max Sound
6.5 Sound duration
7. Phase correction.
7.1 Blocked Phase
7.2 Corrected Phase.
7.3 Filter phase.
7.4 Modified filter
7.5 Threshold
7.6 Time
8. Silencers
8.1 Saturation input
8.2 Low Filter
8.3 High Filter
9. Radio Testing
9.1 Relay Test.
9.2 Carrier
9.3 Detection
9.4 Disc carrier
10. Notch ferrite
10.1 Notch F. low
10.2 Notch F Top
10.3 Valid
11. Permanent plant

SuchMuch

Jan 7, 2017
St.Petersburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Sorex Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In case nobody has yet posted the English translation of this "engineering menu", here you go (imperfect Google xlate):

1. Calibration
2. Calibration 180
3. Tools
3.1 Phase ref
3.2 Parameters to
3.3 Viewing menu
3.3.1 Scrolling
3.3.2 X-Y.
3.4 Test cancellations
3.5.1 Cancel 4f
4. Tracking / Sol
4.1 Notch Ferrite
4.2 Nbr auto tracking
4.3 Decalage tracking
4.4 Hysteresis tracking
4.5 Histogram
4.6 Threshold tracking
4.7 Threshold auto tracking
4.8 Inhibition
4.9 Reject
5. Display / Pinpoint
5.1 Display Threshold
5.2 ****** display
5.3 Only Pinpoint
5.4 ****** pinpoint
5.5 Linear viewing
6. Audio
6.1 Sound Modulation
6.2 Audio filtering
6.3 Min Sound
6.4 Max Sound
6.5 Sound duration
7. Phase correction.
7.1 Blocked Phase
7.2 Corrected Phase.
7.3 Filter phase.
7.4 Modified filter
7.5 Threshold
7.6 Time
8. Silencers
8.1 Saturation input
8.2 Low Filter
8.3 High Filter
9. Radio Testing
9.1 Relay Test.
9.2 Carrier
9.3 Detection
9.4 Disc carrier
10. Notch ferrite
10.1 Notch F. low
10.2 Notch F Top
10.3 Valid
11. Permanent plant

Be patient pls :). This part has already been translated and posted. Right at the moment I'm adding description to each setting

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this thread is a couple of months old but it was a good read at lunch and I was wondering if SuchMuch sent the info to Deft Tones and if he was able to load v2 and use the menu/settings talked about in this thread.

If Deft Tones did try it out, did you post the results anywhere?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
since this post we bought two aka sorex pros and gave them a whirl. Heres a review on the deus forum so it will probably get axed. Depth good, separation fair, build quality stunk shaft was out of line a common problem on all aka shafts so you can buy a machine that cost over 1000.00 bucks and your coil will be setting off center, audio is very good in multi tones,I had mars aftermarket shaft very heavy. Here was the deal breaker for me the ground balance was finicky, it was a deal breaker . My friend Erick had the same issue and got rid of his if any emi present you can forget ground balance. This machine DEPENDS on a proper gb if it doesn't have that it will NOT perform. Its very very dependant on a proper gb. I went back and forth in this thread with a few people so I went and bought one to see what all the fuss is about even joined the aka forum and let such much help me. I will say this the depth is good and audio but that's all it had going for it and that was dependant on a proper ground balance which was VERY aggravating and really unbearable for me and Erick. The deus smokes the sorex pro sorry but its the truth, WATCH OUT for all the hype that surrounds metal detectors ive spent probably close to 3000.00 bucks chasing it, and most of it is just that hype. The deus is not perfect but its the best ive found for relic hunting . The French have the Russians out classed on this one . You can take my word on it or go spend a thousand bucks of your on money and find out the hard way! btw the resale value stinks and I had to almost to give it away to get rid of it. One of the best audios ive heard though would have one if they fixed the gb issue and it is a issue imo.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks calabash digger for your update and info on the Sorex. I went and looked at it and it didnt really appeal to me.
Was 3000 for both detectors and the extra parts?
I like my Deus, my TPro and my Gamma. Buy what you like and what works for you!
Still wondering about the 2.0 "engineering menu"? As a Tech guy, it has me curious!?!?! But not enough to wad my Deus.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no Ive bought different detectors of different brands to try out and that's what I was talking about.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no Ive bought different detectors of different brands to try out and that's what I was talking about.

Good to know that was multiple detectors to experiment with. This hobby can get expensive real quick if you like multiple units!!
Keep it up. :occasion14:
I have watched some of your vids for tips and setup help. Good vids help new guys learn setups, techniques and help to find what detector will work best for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread