Tell me about the XP Deus

waynedig

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... I will tell you something about myself I try to excel in whatever I do whether fishing ,detecting, studying the bible ,whatever it is running our business I always try to put time in to learning whatever it is im doing.

I noticed that about you calabash and I really appreciated your attempt at being unbiased and as fair as possible in your 3030 vs. Deus video.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not building rockets sure, but I'm not questioning your ability to build a metal detector, or run a Deus in 9 months, an ATpro, or bountyhunterwhatever it is you used prior to that. Those are simplified machines. How about a machine I don't have and have never owned - the CTX. You've "tested" it and pronounced judgement, correct?

Do you still own the CTX 3030 listed under your name? And how many hours did you rack up with it?

If I'm not mistaken you very publicly sold it within a month, correct?

Isn't it a bit ingenuous to leave that there, the CTX3030 listing as if you're an owner and user still? Is it to subtle to have noticed?

You complained about nail falsing with the CTX3030...as if the Deus is any better concerning falsing. I never see you mention that the Deus is an iron falsing machine also (bigtime)...or perhaps you'll minimize it as "because it fits me and my style".

Prior to selling it you were inquiring Minelab users how to set up your CTX3030, correct?

How do you consider your "tests" to be such when you clearly lacked the knowledge to operate and set the perameters of the machine to be tested against the Deus?

Does a real metal detecting "guru" ask how-to advice from strangers?

I mean, really?

I look forward to your V3i review. :metaldetector:

Perhaps you can teach me something helpful.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cold outside, but it is hot in here.

Seriously, what's the beef here? The proof is in the finds and the focus is on relic hunting not test gardens. If you want to blow the cover off credibility, point it my way. I can give advice, but don't have nearly the finds or hours on the Deus compared to Calabash to back it up (not for lack of desire but definitely lack of available time and acreage). If he wasn't also showing awesome finds to back up his test garden comparisons, then I might go hmm. Besides, he puts it out there on video (not just forum words) and the viewers can judge for themselves whether the a to b test is valid and fully transparent. i just don't get why this is being escalated. I must be missing something. And don't get me wrong. I have no beef with you or axe to grind other than I just don't understand the feud brewing, here. To me it looks like two people who really know their stuff talking past each other. I vote we move on, but that's me.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
so whats your take on the deus?

Briefly:

I readily admit my favorite tool is the Whites Spectra V3i. I admit buying the Deus to see what the hype was about - and to personally compare the Deus to the V3i. (And I sometimes still do with one on each arm) One year later my favorite all around machine remains the Spectra V3i.

The Deus- It's a very good machine with its own faults and oddities. It's not a flawless machine. :laughing7:

The full tone audio is ok to very good to excellent depending on discrimination used.

Its lightweight and rainproof backphones (controller too with the right case) fill a niche in my stable supplanting the ATPro.

It's not as durable as a couple other machines I own and use regularly.

Its best qualities are light, fast recovery, excellent information carried through the tones, and easy to transport.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Really cold outside, but it is hot in here.

Seriously, what's the beef here? The proof is in the finds and the focus is on relic hunting not test gardens. If you want to blow the cover off credibility, point it my way. I can give advice, but don't have nearly the finds or hours on the Deus compared to Calabash to back it up (not for lack of desire but definitely lack of available time and acreage). If he wasn't also showing awesome finds to back up his test garden comparisons, then I might go hmm. Besides, he puts it out there on video (not just forum words) and the viewers can judge for themselves whether the a to b test is valid and fully transparent. i just don't get why this is being escalated. I must be missing something. And don't get me wrong. I have no beef with you or axe to grind other than I just don't understand the feud brewing, here. To me it looks like two people who really know their stuff talking past each other. I vote we move on, but that's me.

Only beef I had was questioning a newer member's (suchmuch's) motives publicly. I think Calabash is a well intentioned guy, and I generally live and let live, but come on...someone posts valid unfavorable yet pertinent information then motives are questioned?

We all can play that game.

Let me decide motives on my own.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only beef I had was questioning a newer member's (suchmuch's) motives publicly. I think Calabash is a well intentioned guy, and I generally live and let live, but come on...someone posts valid unfavorable yet pertinent information then motives are questioned?

We all can play that game.

Let me decide motives on my own.

Thanks for explaining. Just didn't know what the CTX and V3i had to do with whatever beef was between Calabash & suchmuch is all. I just need to step away from this cow pie while I still can.:dontknow:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first the reason I questioned such much was seen him on another forum throwing off on the deus and didnt see one in his avatar. You know some people have never even owned a machine and put it down. so I was just asking. really was just kinda yanking his chain to see what he was up to hence push the aka is what I was wondering.2nd shame on me I went and consulated guys who have years of experience on a machine to see how to run the thing for relic hunting hmm sounds like the smart thing to do to me. you guys be the judge. 3rd Im fully capable of setting the ctx up for relic hunting did my homework on the machine and learned how to operate it. 4th go ask the experts with the ctx and the majority will tell you what the better relic machine is.5th you are correct I did sell the ctx it is not the better relic machine so need to keep a 6 pound machine that im not gonna use if it makes you happy I will change it and put the makro racer 2 there that I bought to test. 6 th dont know where you got the info about the deus being a machine that likes to false on iron. 7th I will not be buying a v3i I smart enough to listen to the guys who have used the thing and the deus to know which one is the better relic machine. Tnsharpshooter over on the other forum gave a good run down of those 2 machines for relics.I will take his word for it he knows his stuff. . 8th the ctx is really not that complicated to operate if you have some understanding of how detectors work. I have to admit if you were coming from say a t prop the learning curve would be alot but jumping over from the deus not so much. I didnt log a whole lot of hours with that detector for a few reasons this is the main one though the deus is a better relic machine so no need for me to swing a 5.5 pound boat anchor for relics, coin shooters or beach hunters please dont take offence to that. If anyone has a problem with that statement go look up accomplished relic hunters who use both machines and ask them dont take my word for it. would someone please send me the rule book as to how much time you MUST HAVE on a machine to be compentant to cut the thing on and run it through a test garden and yes I know the ctx well enough to set it up to run at peak performance for depth and recovery speeds. Your judgement about me not knowing how to run the machine is flat out wrong and thats ok to each his own.

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks bud for your input wow 18 inches is fantastic so you're pretty satisfied with the deus i take it?

yes I love the thing .I'm a user and I use what works.now the first time out with the deus I went to a cellar hole that been hit hard and I actually never found anything there with the etrac or at pro and so on.I used the deus in a setting like the sift mode but a little different ,I had the reactivity set high for a faster swing speed, but I thought it was set low so I was swinging slow and digging them iffy targets then I got a nice repeatable soft hit in iron and dug up a nice tiny cuff button with fancy .I never even used the deus in basic mode always custom settings .I'm used to the 11 inch coil cause the etrac came with one .I did like the etc a round cellar holes .you have to go slow and watch the Id , but got sick of getting my head phone ripped off my head .now in my opinion the deus goes deep ,you can cover a lot of ground and swing it all day .you are going to dig well at least I do which everyone knows if your not digging a lot your missing stuff for me to get.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new Deus. I'm going behind myself and pulling out relics I couldn't find with three other brands of machines. I've only had it a few weeks, and I think it will be a winner. I had a PI machine for awhile, but in trashy areas, the PI is useless.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snip...I didnt log a whole lot of hours with that detector for a few reasons this is the main one though the deus is a better relic machine so no need for me to swing a 5.5 pound boat anchor for relics, coin shooters or beach hunters please dont take offence to that. ...snip

No offense I use a Deus for all three types of hunting mentioned above and have posted my results here.

Frankly since I have become proficient at using full tones and have weather proofed the control box, even my "specialty" VLF detectors (F75 for coinshooting, T2 and now MXT for Relics, and Excal for Beach, MX Sport for foul weather relic/coinshooting) are starting to lose their edge. I still prefer the Excal for beach hunting in wet sand/surf and of course my PI GPX for relic hunting in hot soil with deep relics, but the Deus is always in my vehicle ready for that spur of the moment drive by opportunity and is my every day go to detector. I will probably flex down to the Deus, GPX/ATX for hot soil/deep relic, Excal for surf, and perhaps the F75 because of some of the specialty coils I can use on it for certain situations by the end of 2017.

Last edited:

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new Deus. I'm going behind myself and pulling out relics I couldn't find with three other brands of machines. I've only had it a few weeks, and I think it will be a winner. I had a PI machine for awhile, but in trashy areas, the PI is useless.

I never used a pi detector ,they go deep and hit everything and have a place .the deus is also fun to use I get board with detectors and half of the fun is learning it.I am by far not a pro .with every detector I used I was always thinking of my next one ,I'm not doing that now I can't even imagine swinging some big thing. there's snow on the ground now probably why I been on this forum,but was wondering I seen a mode that got deep , but seemed to work best with the coil raise up off the ground .pitch mode I believe,maybe it would be good in a few inches of snow.well good luck and In joy

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I've made my point. I'm done.

But has anyone anything to say re: suchmuch's link?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your point was to discredit me ,ok point taken. To be honest I really dont care its kinda like what was said above look at my finds ,as the old saying goes the proof is in the pudding . Stay tuned deer season is over and some great relics will coming out of the ground in the next few weeks. hh

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know not to run gb over 95 on deus as you will knock out silvers. I mean how far do you take whats being said there? I can ground balance my machine and kill deep targets here .Ill leave that to you tech gurus to much for me. Have you seen anymore articles about that subject. I did find it kinda ironic that it went to aka forum because thats what the whole rift got started over anyway,well me questiing his motives about the aka detectors.IM being very honest here looks to me to bee no more than a bash the deus article to me. According to that write up how could you expect the deus to find anything. just my 2 cents.
I think I've made my point. I'm done.

But has anyone anything to say re: suchmuch's link?

Last edited:

hori

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your point was to discredit me ,ok point taken. To be honest I really dont care its kinda like what was said above look at my finds ,as the old saying goes the proof is in the pudding . Stay tuned deer season is over and some great relics will coming out of the ground in the next few weeks. hh

I like your enthusiasm about the deus. I will buy one in the future. Keep them review videos coming.:icon_thumleft:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

O.K. Apparently I'm to subtle for you to get the point.

Keep posting buttons and toasted coins...I don't care about trash. Should I post a few ounces of refined gold? But if I didn't find it with the Deus you wouldn't care.

BTW... how are we to know your test garden is set up how you say it is? Perhaps the 14" coin is not 14"....how would I know? See what I'm saying?

We know you've been very wrong on lesser things. You want credibility...keep working at it.

I don't just take someones word for anything. Trust and verify! Bob says V3i sucks....me no try V3i cause Bob says not worth it. Brilliant!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats really out of line! I put in alot of work research to find those trash relics as you call them . I also put in alot of time to help people with the deus too. If you dont like what I say dont read it if you dont like my videos dont watch them. Im a relic hunter, a real relic hunter with the finds to back up my claims. Im sorry you feel that way about me but thats your problem not mine. I hope that points clear enough for you.

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh I got it gonna go on evening hunt tommorrow with the best relic machine made and find some more of them civil trash targets and post them for the world to see. hh you say I was out of line about what I said but time will tell.

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You're funny. I had to push you to a point of feeling how suchmuch must have felt...you needed to know it, not be told it!

You think I really feel that way about relics? I knew that would get your goat! You are easily manipulated. Editing your posts...it's all good with me.

I dig square nails because I think they are cool... I also would like to find a dragoon button some day....hows that square with you?:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread