Hit some old home sites I thought were picked clean, how do you think the Dues did?

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad we can all have an adult conversation about this, without people getting too crazy! I have always thought and believed that coil size makes a difference, I would say with a machine like the AT Pro or other Garrett detectors coil size does make a difference in depth and masking of targets. Now with the Dues maybe not so much? I will be getting the 11x13 coil for the Dues sooner or later, what can I say I like big coils lol...
To answer Loco's question or respond to his commit, yes the AT is now the backup or loaner machine when I get to bring my son out, he can use the AT and have a good chance at finding some nice relics or coins. I put the NEL SharpShooter on it when he uses it to save some weight. I like the AT with the NEL Storm :) but man thats a heavy combo!
The 6-lever lock is really cool, with it was complete looks like someone cut the bolt off at some point, I saw some on eBay going for around $100 that where in working order.
So here is a question for fellow Dues owners, what VDI's do gold rings come up as? Do you all use the VDI correction for different freqs...?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt mainly in 12khz and use it as a beep and dig machine. Different ring sizes and the karat makes it impossible to give you one VDI. Just dig all solid signals is my best advice, I dig all that only vary by 1 or 2 numbers. I have only dug 4 gold items and all were found using the F75. A man's 10K wedding band rang up in the foil range, where as the big 10K class ring rang up in the zinc range. Just throw a few of your wife's gold rings on the ground and see whet target IDs you get in each of the 4 frequencies.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All second that. It's all over the range VDI wise but stays pretty consistent when your swinging over it. Usually it's a clean signal.

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a smart man, no wife lol... I like to spend my money on toys not girls. Learned my lesson young with that one lol....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a smart man, no wife lol... I like to spend my money on toys not girls. Learned my lesson young with that one lol....

Well then I guess you can afford to buy a gold ring or two to toss on the ground. :tongue3: I do not regret chasing skirts. You can't take your toys with ya when you leave, but you do take your memories. Ohhh yes, what memories they are:treasurechest:.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And spend you will if you get that 11x13. I know I sound like a broken record, I still recommend against it if you already have the 11" and are just getting it for added depth. Unless you are just looking for a backup Deus coil and in that case I would personally recommend the 9" over the 11x13". Do not think the $$ per depth inch ratio is a good value for that larger coil, especially if you already have the 11", if you are getting it merely for the added depth. But if you do decide to get it, remember that you will have to get something stiffer than the stock XP Deus shaft to swing it because it really flexes the shaft. Look into aftermarket Deus compatible shafts such as those by Anderson. Calabash Digger has one of those shafts and it is now his standard setup. HH

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I had the 11x13 and sold it.
I found the extra weight, flexing, poor balance and lack of a marked increased depth were not worth having it sitting on the shelf.
Now if you hunt fields (to big for the brush) and are looking for that long lost cabin site the increased coverage is a big plus.
It all depends on your type of hunting and what your expecting.
Now the new 9x5 HF coil... that might be the game changer I'm looking for.

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always take what I read on forums with a grain of salt, but you boys have more knowledge about the Deus than I do. I plan on getting the 9" coil after hearing about the flexing and balance issues. I'm sure I could make a counter weight for the 11x13 but you all are right for the extra $$$ I'm better off with a 9" for heavy iron sites. I did have a chance to run the Dues today wide open at 99% sens... and boy she was finding some deep targets. We have 3 inches of ice/snow that hard packed, so I lost 3-4 inches right there :BangHead: and was still pulling rifle cartridges and shotgun shells at 10-14 inches even found a modern penny at about 10" that's more than enough for me! I get tired of digging so deep since most hunts are in the woods with TONS of roots.
So is it true that V4 might be coming to our Dues's soon? I am very interested in the new 2.5 reactivity setting and the 9x5HF coil! Plus if we can truly mate the PP with the Dues and have the sound go through the headphones I will be in love.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. I would say that if you are happy with the 11", even hold off on the 9" and wait for the elliptical high frequency coil. Otherwise, the 9" makes a great complimentary second coil.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Op,, site is not hunted out.

You'll find more,,,,as you progress with Deus.
Even if you find very little or nothing when you go back to this particular site,,,,wait 6 months or longer,,,then go back,,,,you may be surprised.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread