Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I bet you guys had alot of fun.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cletus,

Great finds buddy and the pleasure was all mine - thanks for the invite. Plus I don't think you will hit that field in February with temps nearly in the 70's again - that was off the charts amazing weather. Thanks for ordering that up. You know the Deus well and I had a great time scanning that field with you and recovering some lead and other goodies though my finds were definitely on the lite side compared to yours. A first for me was relic finds using both the 11" (morning) and 9" (afternoon, my old shoulder got tired, lol) coils on a single day. Performance seemed similar but tones seemed a little different between the coils with the same exact program settings. I like the ground you can cover per swing with the 11" but the 9" seems a little more locked-in target wise and depth performance appeared similar. Probably just my imagination.

You have just scratched the surface at that site is some big iron that must be explored. Otherwise, couple of bullets (cleaner and fired and some random lead) plus a couple of cool iron objects. Anyone who can give me an ID on the iron object in the middle of the group pic below would be appreciated (also attached isolated pics of it from different angles). Sort of resembles the rear sight on a rifle.

vf

20170220_154230.jpg 20170220_154223.jpg 20170220_154213.jpg 20170220_153955.jpg

OP
OP
Cletus

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea we will take a day soon and start digging those big iron signals. I'm sure that we will pull out a shell or two. you just let me know when you have a free Monday !!
After seeing your finds first hand I am pretty sure that the first item is a rear sight of a musket. if you have time add it to "ID ME" on Face Book.
I forgot to mention that I dug a tent spike from that hill the first day that I hunted the property. so it is my opinion that that piece of property was used as a camp.
The property is holding a pile of relics. we will get back in there very soon.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea we will take a day soon and start digging those big iron signals. I'm sure that we will pull out a shell or two. you just let me know when you have a free Monday !!
After seeing your finds first hand I am pretty sure that the first item is a rear sight of a musket. if you have time add it to "ID ME" on Face Book.
I forgot to mention that I dug a tent spike from that hill the first day that I hunted the property. so it is my opinion that that piece of property was used as a camp.
The property is holding a pile of relics. we will get back in there very soon.
You bet. After all, we each gotta get our plates out of that field. Lol.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow H, Cletus did a number on you in the lead dept.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called ya right out on that one ,you both did great.( appeasing the bear)

OP
OP
Cletus

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hugh do you find out what the triangle piece was? I'm sure it is period.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hugh do you find out what the triangle piece was? I'm sure it is period.

Still working on it. Thanks for your suggestions on where to ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread