Deus lanyard for remote

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've never really had an issue with my remote popping off, but decided to be safe rather than sorry.

Although there are lanyards available for the controller, I wanted something that utilized the lanyard hole on the remote and worked with my rain cover (without squishing it like a rubber band would). The other criteria was something that would allow me to transfer the remote to the waterproof case without having to remove anything from the remote.

Since I have a bunch of 550 cord (paracord) laying around, I decided to play around to see what I could come up with.

I used a strand of 550 gut to make a small loop for the remote. It's small enough to allow the remote to fit the waterproof case to the right like it wasn't even there.

IMG_2825.JPG

Then I just used a length of 550 with a noose knot (hangman noose) on either end. The smaller knot secures the clip and the larger knot tightens around the shaft. Just loosen it to take it off.

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

When using the waterproof case, I just loop the lanyard that comes with the case around the shaft.

BobTheDigger

Jul 7, 2016
SW PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea! I was just thinking that I need something like this. I had to "look for" my remote once, not fun!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Deus Hack. Thanks.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. Don't forget to burn the ends of your knots so they don't come undone.

AA4HV

Jun 8, 2016
Cordova, TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea. I just got a Deus and was thinking about how to secure it better. I really like the red cover too. If it did fall off, at least there is a bright color to look for. Where did you get that rain cover?

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA4HV it's a "Theasaurus Detecting" cover. They are based out of the U.K. I ordered off eBay, and I believe they also have a FB page as well. It took about two weeks for me to get it but it's totally worth it. I wasn't a fan of the ones available locally. They come in other colors as well.

http://www.thesaurusdetecting.co.uk

Yeah if the remote did pop off (it hasn't yet) it would just hang from the stem. When you tighten the noose around the stem it's solid. There's no way the 550 cord is going to break (rated at 550 lbs) and the 550 gut is super strong. You can't break that strand unless your superman.

Last edited:

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great idea!! I'm gonna work on this rite away. THANKS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread