Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum!
What setup did you get? They have a lot of options available.
I don't have any tips for you but congrats on a really nice machine! Watch some vids on it to pick up some tips. You tube has a ton of videos.
Good luck to you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the WS-5 setup. I think I'm gonna love this unit.

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a pounded trashy site, use "deus fast" and swing a little on the brisk side. Worked for me to get a feel for it. I honestly don't how you won't love it....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a pounded trashy site, use "deus fast" and swing a little on the brisk side. Worked for me to get a feel for it. I honestly don't how you won't love it....

Very good getting started advice right there.

Congrats and have fun with it. May take some time to unlock the really juicy performance features so don't get discouraged as you plateau. Keep swinging and incrementally add new features such as multiple and full tones, lowering discrimination, and experiment with the diffetent frequencies and reactivity settings. One day, as many others have posted here, it will all "click" and you will realize it.

Note that Deus fast has silencer set at -1 = off. That is why I would recommend it as your starting point as explained below. As a matter of fact I use Deus Fast as the starting point for most of my custom programs. For max depth performance, always ensure silencer is set at -1 or 0. Other built-in programs on the Deus leave silencer set at the default setting associated with the reactivity setting they have programmed in, which is always 1 or higher depending on the reactivity setting. Whenever you change reactivity (basically the adjustable response or recovery setting) you need to check and reset Silencer back to -1 or 0 because it will revert to the higher default setting. Silencer is an expert submenu setting under reactivity.

Also recomnend Andy Sabisch's Deus Handbook. Great information that should have been included in the Instruction Manual but wasn't.

HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And advice I intend on following. I swung a minelab for years and just got tired of the weight.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recovery time on the Deus even at min Reactivity settings is light years ahead of the minelabs (though they do have some advantages under certain circumstances vs. the Deus - right tool for the job, I say). Not a knock on minelab, just a fact. Point is, you are going to have to swing more briskly to hit on targets than what you are probably used to. Good thing it is so light.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why I can't wait to take it out. There is a park in town that has been ignored for years due to the carpet of nails covering it. It was the original town site from the 1870's and I think the Deus will be deadly in there once I learn it. Minelab owners run when they are asked to go there. When I had the red Racer I found 2 silver 3 centers in the same hole that I know I was over with the Minelab..... Sooooo many nails. I feel I was in error when I got the Deus with the 11 inch coil, should have got the 9

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 9 and love it but when I'm in a field I'm thinking man I want a bigger coil.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your Deus has or will be sitting idle without use for a while.... I was told to throw a charge on in every month or so. I was told it's not good to have the batteries completely dead when stored. Others please correct me if I'm wrong or got bad info.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes your correct keep them charged at half capacity 40 to70%

OP
OP
T

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good battery tip. Threw charger on it just now.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of charging batteries. Does anyone know if there are any longer aftermarket cables with the three connectors?

OP
OP
T

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get longer cables on e-bay but they won't be connected together. I have an outlet on my work bench so longer cables aren't a worry.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks yeah I was searching around and it looks like extensions are the only option.

Something like this
IMG_2896.JPG

OP
OP
T

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw some 6 foot ones I think on amazon. I searched for Male USB to male micro usb cable

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions