XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should just slide off with a bit of force, check to make sure you are lined up an trying to slide in the right direction (I think there is a slight angle downward). Perhaps sticking a small coin like a dime in the slot to the left of the puck and gently twisting my pry it loose without causing any damage.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They should just slide off with a bit of force, check to make sure you are lined up an trying to slide in the right direction (I think there is a slight angle downward). Perhaps sticking a small coin like a dime in the slot to the left of the puck and gently twisting my pry it loose without causing any damage.

Thanks... a table knife did the trick. Boy, was that ever on there tight! Got it, though.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it worked out, will probably get easier after a couple of on-off cycles. I remember that may have been partially due to us telling you to make sure that the WS4 connections were making full contact so you probably really pushed into the slot.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad it worked out, will probably get easier after a couple of on-off cycles. I remember that may have been partially due to us telling you to make sure that the WS4 connections were making full contact so you probably really pushed into the slot.

Good memory! However... this was the first time I got the puck off. That's why I did it... to make sure the contacts were making connection well. Just took me a while to get around to it (didn't really help, though. Still coming in on only one channel most of the time. Ditto with my WS5s, and rarely it will send in stereo, making me think I'm losing my mind. )

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just strange.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's just strange.
I should add that I have indeed turned the headphones around, switching ears, just to make sure it wasn't my hearing (which there has never been any problem with)

I need to return the controller anyway for a new "keyboard" because the "-" button is very hard to press, and getting worse all the time. When I do that, I will just ask them to please check the stereo output. I don't know if it is possible for that to have a problem, but by being able to repeat the problem on two sets of phones pretty much narrows the problem down to something wrong with the controller or my ears, and I have eliminated my ears.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should add that I have indeed turned the headphones around, switching ears, just to make sure it wasn't my hearing (which there has never been any problem with)

I need to return the controller anyway for a new "keyboard" because the "-" button is very hard to press, and getting worse all the time. When I do that, I will just ask them to please check the stereo output. I don't know if it is possible for that to have a problem, but by being able to repeat the problem on two sets of phones pretty much narrows the problem down to something wrong with the controller or my ears, and I have eliminated my ears.

Have you tried each of the headphones standalone with a coil, i.e., with the controller completely off, to see what happens? If it happens then, then that rules out the controller and it could still be the headphones or I guess the coil (unless it happens with the Pinpointer too, if you have one of those). Just a thought.

Last edited:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you tried each of the headphones standalone with a coil, i.e., with the controller completely off, to see what happens? If it happens then, then that rules out the controller and it could still be the headphones or I guess the coil (unless it happens with the Pinpointer too, if you have one of those). Just a thought.

No, but I will. That's good trouble-shooting! I have two coils too, but already know that it happens regardless of coil. Haven't thought about the pinpointer. Really not sure.

jtorpy

Greenie
Apr 13, 2017
North half Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus with MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in a similar boat trying to decide what aftermarket headset to buy for my Deus. After some great feedback from this forum I went with the Deteknix. So Hhappy I did. I love the comfort and the ambient noise reduction as opposed to the WS-4 option that I bought with my Deus. They are super comfortable and very clear sounds for me. I have found some nice coins that I may have otherwise not dug because of the faint signal that I heard but was repeatable. My favorite was a silver half dollar over 12 inches down right on a site I had pounded before. Never fished out! THe price is decent and so far have held up great under heavy use. I also like using them at home with 3.5mm jack to my tablet or phone for listening to music. Just a bonus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread