New Deus guy here. One word for this unit. WOW!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So after looking at this and that and wondering about this and that I finally decided to just go and get the BEST unit out there.
Got a Deus RCWS5 setup with the 11" coil. Man I LOVE this thing!

Got it last week and was a little under the weather so I read a lot of Andy's book, read a lot of the threads about the Deus and watched a ton of video's on it. It came with V3.2 on it and I was worried about the update to 4 but it looks like they worked out all the issues and I didn't see any more issues being posted so I figured I would update it tonight.

Played with it outside after work and was doing good in Basic and Basic2. Lots of features but I didn't go too crazy. Just wanted to learn it and apply what I read and watched. Played in the test bed with all sorts of objects to see what it showed and what it said. Then I played in the yard and pulled up 10 pennies. Not enough to retire but the sounds were music to my ears. Nice to be free from watching a screen and just listening to what the machine is telling you. You almost don't need pinpoint mode as the coil is so accurate. You find your spot, check again from the side and every target was right in the spot I had marked. Incredible! Wanted to play more but it was getting dark so I packed it up and went in to clean the finds up to see what I had found.

So later on I decided it was time to update to Ver 4. I have to see what I am missing and what is new! Greg had a nice post with a good video and the manual for Ver 4. Downloaded the manual, looked it over and then followed his instructions and updated my gear. I don't think it could be any easier than plug, click, unplug, power on, all set! That was it! My son was impressed. Update the main unit, it updated the coil and then updated the headphones. Now that's technology in action!!

Now I am a tec guy 100%. Been playing with anything and everything electronic since I was a kid. Was building 486's back in the day, servers, laptops, help desks, wired networks, etc... have been a SE for the last 15+ years. This setup is amazing. Everything works so beautiful together. I would have never thought you could have all this without wires and have it operate so smooth. Really incredible. Hats off to XP! This is an incredible device/setup!

:occasion14: Stretch

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear about your first experience with the Dues. New detectors are always fun.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it will serve you well if you learn the language it speaks.Its better than any detector ive owned . You got that it ! the tones are key. The way I learned the machine is I picked one audio (full tones) and have stuck with it. You can use what ever audio you want but imo always changing audios makes the learning curve very hard to pick up the nuances of each one. I'm not a big program changer either I have 4 programs I use for my type of hunting. Learn the settings well and what they do and set it up for what you do and it will be great. If you think basic one and two are good wait til;l you learn how to custom program it and tweak it. That's when it really starts to perform!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the XP Deus purchase!

GL & HH

Doc

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to hear about your first experience with the Dues. New detectors are always fun.

Thanks! A new detector is always fun for sure. This thing is quite the machine and I look forward to getting out and swinging it! The yard was just my test area, had to try it out.

it will serve you well if you learn the language it speaks.Its better than any detector ive owned . You got that it ! the tones are key. The way I learned the machine is I picked one audio (full tones) and have stuck with it. You can use what ever audio you want but imo always changing audios makes the learning curve very hard to pick up the nuances of each one. I'm not a big program changer either I have 4 programs I use for my type of hunting. Learn the settings well and what they do and set it up for what you do and it will be great. If you think basic one and two are good wait til;l you learn how to custom program it and tweak it. That's when it really starts to perform!

Thanks and I see it has served you very well. I have been reading your posts and might hit you up for some help, pointers and info. This section has some good guys in it and they are friendly and like to share. This will help me get it dialed in for optimal service. I look forward to what it has to offer and can't wait to get into it and unlock all I have heard and read.

Congratualtions on the XP Deus purchase!

GL & HH

Doc

Thanks! Really sweet machine. Can't wait to get it out to a good location. Have a few in mind and soon it will really nice out and you know where I will be! :occasion14:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations you will love it

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for you input.
I'm good to go for the update too

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large following of that unit. Enjoy hearing about how it works.

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After extensive reading that included Andy's book, I'm now on the early hands-on stage.

The unit is so versatile. It has nice multi-target discrimination and +12 inches target depth is routine. I've had to buy a shovel, lol!

Switching programs and program varibles is simplistic. The pinpoint is deep and precise, with ability to quickly adjust its volume.

The Dues is quite a MD machine to learn and utilize.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent a bit yesterday doing some tweaking with some help from the boys here in the Deus section. Made a couple of entries in the custom slots with that info and they seemed pretty good.

You can sit there adjusting this and that and loose the whole day doing it. Best to play with the controls at night so you can save your daylight for swinging. It is tough to decide what tones to use as they all sound good. Was poking around in 3, 4, 5 & full and got lost there for a bit so I went back to 3. I think I am good with the reactivity and silencer sections. You have to keep a good balance there as I found the extremes, the opposites and combos of both were not a good choice. A balance for where, what and how worked best.

Went out 2 times today, covered half my back yard and had a blast. Found a bunch of everything as I changed this and that and listened to this and that and dug everything to see what it was and what sounds it made.

I think I am about ready to get out there and find some good stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread