New to the Deus...make the switch to V4?

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Deus fans. I just purchased the Deus with WS4 headphones & LCD remote. I have read many great attributes about the Deus so I decided to buy one and give it a whirl.

Obviously my Deus has the 3.2 version installed on it and I know V4 is less than a month old. So for all the folks out there that have had their Deus for a while now and made the switch to V4, which version do y'all recommend? I know learning a new program can be tedious at times and seeing how I've only been out detecting just once with my Deus, making the switch would not be difficult since I am just learning this detector.

I have several years of experience under my belt so I'm not a newbie when it comes to detecting. Thanks for any advice.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there,I also just got my new Deus
Last week and just went ahead and upgraded
To 4.0.
No use waiting and installing new programs
Only to have to start over to reinstall.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Download 4.0, although nothing really groundbreaking in 4.0, just makes sense to learn there.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Download 4.0, although nothing really groundbreaking in 4.0, just makes sense to learn there.
I disagree. I am absolutely LOVING the new x/y screen. I had tried the old one and found that it didn't add anything that my ears and the VDI didn't already tell me, but this "oscilloscope" enhancement is awesome.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. I am absolutely LOVING the new x/y screen. I had tried the old one and found that it didn't add anything that my ears and the VDI didn't already tell me, but this "oscilloscope" enhancement is awesome.
To me it's pretty much the same....just did an air test, tested a silver half, quarter and dime.....the half had a larger (oval) line signature, the others placed the line in the same orientation as 3.2. Junk has the same jumbled signature.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also just tested a silver dime 2" next to a rusty square nail.....audio "says" dig....X/Y says dont dig / ferrous junk....as it did in 3.2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in a similar spot like you and I upgraded to 4. If you are going to learn, do it on 4.
Yes the book is about 3.2 and a lot of the info and vids are as well but lots of info on here about 4 and the new vids will be about 4.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used V3.2 for about 1.5 years, so I've gotten along with it pretty well by now. So I figured what could it hurt to try V4.

What stands out about V4 to me is that it seems like the tones are a lot cleaner and more crisp. Also, the chatter that I was so used to with V3.2 seems to have been lessened greatly. I keep the remote in my pocket, so I can't comment on the XY screen.

Oh, also, I can't comment on V4 while using the new 9" HF Coil because I don't have one yet. But it'll be coming as soon as my dealer gets them in stock. But from what I've heard from several people in the UK, the new coil is so much better than the legacy coils. And the finds that they've been posting reflect this.

At first, there were some bugs with the new version, but they patched the major ones within days. So it seems to be a pretty solid build.

Overall, I think they hit a home run with this new version.

That's all I got.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a similar spot like you and I upgraded to 4. If you are going to learn, do it on 4.
Yes the book is about 3.2 and a lot of the info and vids are as well but lots of info on here about 4 and the new vids will be about 4.
Also, I believe Andy Sabisch is writing a new book for the V4 as we speak. You could always ask him as he's quite active on Facebook and doesn't mind answering questions.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Imo there's gonna be a learning curve so, why do it twice? V4 is here to stay and there are enough differences that It maybe worth the switch now so as to avoid more confusion.
Just my opinion...you know what they say about opinions.....

Prius

Sep 3, 2011
LB4S, you mentioned the good reports from the UK with the new HF coil. Are you commenting on the elliptical or the round. Thanks.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe the elliptical is available in the U.K. yet, so I assume it's the HF 9".

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about getting a deus. Should I wait for a new version of the handbook or will the current edition still be relevant with v4?

Noah

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Appreciate all of the responses. Seems everybody is happy with V4. Now it's time to go out and find those relics! Good luck to everybody.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LB4S, you mentioned the good reports from the UK with the new HF coil. Are you commenting on the elliptical or the round. Thanks.
The round.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about getting a deus. Should I wait for a new version of the handbook or will the current edition still be relevant with v4?

Noah
You can still rock it with the current book.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure to watch Gary's instructional videos as well. It will give you a good base for the book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread