WS4 headphone volume : how high to hear faint signals?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: WS4 headphone volume : how high to hear faint signals?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2011
    9 times

WS4 headphone volume : how high to hear faint signals?

I realize this is subjective, but what do you set your WS4 or WS5 volume at if you want to hear faint signals? I would like to set mine higher than 1, but most signals are pretty loud at 1. Any advice?
    tabman likes this.

us
    Rick

Mar 2014
    Smithtown NY
    XP, Whites, Garrett, Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
    1528 times
    Metal Detecting
    WS 5 @ 6. I don't think anyone could hear anything from mine at 1.
    Iron Symphony Conductor.

Jun 2016
    910 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yeah that's pretty low. I have the WS4's and I believe mine are on "5". The other thing to do is adjust your audio response.

us
    Sep 2011
    9 times
    Well I have had my Deus for week. My WS4 phones are on 1 and it seems plenty loud. I will check the audio response on the remote. Thanks.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6810 times
    Pardon these basic questions. Not trying to be disrespectful, just making sure we are singing from the same sheet of music because volume at 1 seems impossibly low, especially since the turn on default setting is 5 or 6, I think (will have to test this). Since the Headphone uses a multifunction display, are you sure your phones volume is set at 1 and you are not mistaking the display with program 1 or some other setting? Have you adjusted the volume higher to be sure what you are seeing is the volume control. I have mine set at 6 or 7. Just making sure.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Sep 2011
    9 times
    Hi VF,
    No pardons needed. I am reading every post that I can find. Appreciate all your posts. I set up my Deus last Saturday. Upgraded to V4 no problems except for my dinged index finger. I could hear the headphones when they were pairing and thought to myself, that is kind of loud. Tabbed through the menu and set it at volume 1 and got 2 hours in yesterday. Just now powered up the WS4 and cycled through the menu. Yup, volume is on one. Cycled all the way. It tops out at 9 . Put it back on one. Turned on the remote, cancelled remote speaker, passed targets over the coil. 1 is plenty loud. Cycled it up, 2,3,4,5 way too loud. Checking the default programs audio response.
    1 basic.. 4
    2 GM power.. 4
    3 Deus Fast.. 4
    4. Pitch.. 4
    5 G Max. 4
    6. Deep. 4
    7 Wet Beach 1
    8. Dry Beach. 4
    9. Hot. 3
    10. Gold Field. 2

i am guessing these are the default audio responses since they are what I show when I power the remote on , off, then on again. So should I decrease the audio response and increase the headphone volume or would that be a wash? Very strange it is loud on 1. I must be missing something?

Ok, update. I see that when the remote is on, that you can only control the volume with the buttons on the headset. You can't cycle through all the other options. When the remote is off, I can cycle through all options on the headset. My guess is that my headphones are showing volume 1, but that I am actually hearing the audio response volume of the remote on the headphones that is defaulting on the above listed programs when the remote is on. I still wonder why no one else is on headphone volume 1. Love this machine already.
    Last edited by Prius; Apr 10, 2017 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Update

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6810 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Prius View Post
    Hi VF,
    No pardons needed. I am reading every post that I can find. Appreciate all your posts. I set up my Deus last Saturday. Upgraded to V4 no problems except for my dinged index finger. I could hear the headphones when they were pairing and thought to myself, that is kind of loud. Tabbed through the menu and set it at volume 1 and got 2 hours in yesterday. Just now powered up the WS4 and cycled through the menu. Yup, volume is on one. Cycled all the way. It tops out at 9 . Put it back on one. Turned on the remote, cancelled remote speaker, passed targets over the coil. 1 is plenty loud. Cycled it up, 2,3,4,5 way too loud. Checking the default programs audio response.
    1 basic.. 4
    2 GM power.. 4
    3 Deus Fast.. 4
    4. Pitch.. 4
    5 G Max. 4
    6. Deep. 4
    7 Wet Beach 1
    8. Dry Beach. 4
    9. Hot. 3
    10. Gold Field. 2

i am guessing these are the default audio responses since they are what I show when I power the remote on , off, then on again. So should I decrease the audio response and increase the headphone volume or would that be a wash? Very strange it is loud on 1. I must be missing something?
    Thanks for checking on that. Yes very strange. But if it is working for you at 1 and too loud at higher volumes, then I would just leave it alone. Lowering audio response just changes whether "deeper" targets (or targets the Deus perceives as deep based on a coin sized reference target signal) will have a fainter response. Large or shallow targets will still boom through and may be just as loud even if you lower audio response. Strange.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

May 2008
    XP Deus
    824 times
    I keep my WS4s at "1". Even at 2 they seem way too loud. At 5 they would make my ears bleed

I run with an Audio Response set at 3.
    tabman likes this.

us
    Sep 2011
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
    I keep my WS4s at "1". Even at 2 they seem way too loud. At 5 they would make my ears bleed

I run with an Audio Response set at 3.
    OK, I am not alone. Feel a little better now.

Jun 2016
    910 times
    Something's off. So you hit the menu button on your headphones....cycle through until it's says volume....and it says "1"?

us
    Sep 2011
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jadocs View Post
    Something's off. So you hit the menu button on your headphones....cycle through until it's says volume....and it says "1"?
    Yes sir. Just did it again right now. Turned it on, cycled through the menu to volume and it is on one.
    tabman likes this.

Jun 2016
    910 times
    Huh....so weird.

us
    Stretch

Jan 2017
    XP Déus & a Carrot!
    1087 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have the WS5's and set my volume at 3. It is odd to be a 1 and have it be too loud.
    How do you guys like the WS4's?
    I didn't think I would like the way they sit on the back part of the head. Look odd but then again, I have never tried them.

us
    Sep 2011
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Da Truth View Post
    I have the WS5's and set my volume at 3. It is odd to be a 1 and have it be too loud.
    How do you guys like the WS4's?
    I didn't think I would like the way they sit on the back part of the head. Look odd but then again, I have never tried them.
    Hi SDT, not enough experience on the WS4, but initial use is positive. The reason I got the WS4 is because of the heat in summer. I plan on getting the Deteknix phones that take the puck for fall and winter.
    vferrari likes this.

us
    Clad Killin Relic Huntin Machine

Mar 2015
    XP Deus Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab X-Terra 705 Minelab Explorer SE Minelab e-trac Tesoro compadre Whites v3i AT Pro Teknetics Gamma 6000 Bounty Hunter Camo LS Bounty Hunt
    913 times
    6-7 here with 8 being for when I one ear it in noisy environments.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links