Rothman

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just over a week and apparently everyone else knows as much as I do....

As much as I LOVE my Deus, I'm a bit disappointed that XP didn't get the app ready in time for the V4 release. I'm even more disappointed that there isn't even a projected time frame for one of the biggest features (in my opinion) of the new firmware.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree it's disappointing. If XP lives up to their track record for meeting SW release dates, I would not hold my breath. As for me I have moved on to two different apps: ztracks for Google My Tracks functionality for tracking ground coverage during a hunt and OnX hunts (paid subscription required) to provide on map private and public property lines, gps tracking, and photo/gps metadata capture of significant finds. Can be used independent of the detector type I happen to be swinging at the time. I use it to determine how thoroughly I am covering a specific site, ensuring I stay within the permission property boundaries, determining find/type concentration/density/grouping, and for doing research on potential private and public property hunt sites. A little pricy, but it is a great app that does a lot of things well.

OP
OP
Rothman

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to check out the ztracks one. I don't really want to pay for an app with Go-detect Pending(???). I really want to use it like you said, to make sure I've completely covered an area.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any news on this? I'm quite interested in this myself. However I understand the go-detect app is not of XP making, just supported by the deus?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No nothing yet. I imagine it will be a while since we are waiting on app developers.

mstreenz

Apr 30, 2017
Downs, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, E-Trac, AT Pro, GTI 1500, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I emailed XP and this was the response. Looks like it will be a while.

Hi Matt
The Go detect app is still under construction we will announce it on our social media when it is ready.

Many thanks

Kind regards
Customer services - XP Metal Detectors

spymoto

Jan 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed XP and this was the response. Looks like it will be a while.

Hi Matt
The Go detect app is still under construction we will announce it on our social media when it is ready.

Many thanks

Kind regards
Customer services - XP Metal Detectors

Hello,
Just to clarify... the "XP Detect" app for Android isn't the same as the Go-Detect that you are talking about here? I downloaded the XP Detect app and it connects/works on my machine. Could you please clarify for me?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Just to clarify... the "XP Detect" app for Android isn't the same as the Go-Detect that you are talking about here? I downloaded the XP Detect app and it connects/works on my machine. Could you please clarify for me?

No they are different. Go-Detect is supposed to be the official app for XP. What I don't know is if it is also being developed for Android. So this begs the question if XP Detect is considered to be the official app for Android?

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I don't have any insight into any of the apps.
When it comes to that kind of stuff my son just rolls his eyes at me.
It will be great to use when they do get all the bugs worked out.

And WELCOME Spymoto

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No they are different. Go-Detect is supposed to be the official app for XP. What I don't know is if it is also being developed for Android. So this begs the question if XP Detect is considered to be the official app for Android?

Ironic that they are developing an apple only app, yet they do not support firmware version upgrades using an Apple OS. That makes sense.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironic that they are developing an apple only app, yet they do not support firmware version upgrades using an Apple OS. That makes sense.

True statement. I bet there would be less issues with the software that calls home for an update too lol.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There servers are not accepting new registration on the "Go-Detect" app. Or maybe it's just I am not on WiFi although I can't see that being the issue. Apple is a little easier to code in my mind and they all ready have an Android base app so they probably just have to recode.
I really hate the fact everything phones home, and does some type of check with there servers.
Anyone update the firmware on the remote lately? Maybe there is some new changes lol....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A year later, I am still looking for the Go Detect app on the Google Play store, to no avail. Has anybody got any inside information?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread