V4 Pulls Through!!!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the Deus out for a little while today in an attempt to learn the nuances between v3.2 and v4. and dug up this bucket lister! This place has been hit hard by others and they all missed it! I'm currently in the process of determining the value of this banner find. If anyone wants to know my secret program settings let me know!

IMG_3329.JPG

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging that colonial Washington quarter. :icon_thumright:

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Took the Deus out for a little while today in an attempt to learn the nuances between v3.2 and v4. and dug up this bucket lister! This place has been hit hard by others and they all missed it! I'm currently in the process of determining the value of this banner find. If anyone wants to know my secret program settings let me know!

View attachment 1442627

Wow!!!
I'd say. At the very least your banner find is prob. Valued at least one quarter of today's US dollar.
Congratulations!
Awesome find![emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found one of those since yesterday when I found three, but yours is more toasted than the ones I found, so congrats Jadocs. Banner fer sure!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
real good shape too! banner worthy

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yowza, let me know if you put that beauty on fleabay so I can bid on it. Some guys have all the luck...

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas I'm sooo stoked! Lol

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoulda used your bounty hunter!! I see the Deus pinpointers now for sale on eBay, anybody received one yet and tried it out?

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MI-6 is a great pointer. I tested it against my carrot in standalone mode and with the pointer paired to the remote. In both cases the MI-6 outperformed the Garret. With the pointer paired it's almost twice as deep.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!! What distance will it air test on say, a silver dime?? Still looking for a reason to get a Deus, all the V4 "problems" have me turned off, but the pinpointer sounds like a real asset.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll pull out a Merc and let you know when I get home tomorrow.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!! What distance will it air test on say, a silver dime?? Still looking for a reason to get a Deus, all the V4 "problems" have me turned off, but the pinpointer sounds like a real asset.

There actually haven't been any V4 issues of note once XP finally got the right V4 release version posted on their website (took the a couple of dats to figure it out lol). I am using it with great results and like the new intefrated pinlointer. In any event, the squeamish can always use V3.2 which satisfied Deus users needs for about 4 years, so its nearly through beta testing. Besides, its not about depth on the Deus (average to above average depth perf) but target separation fron the trash.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go: Merc Dime - Big difference between Garret and Mi-6.

Garrett on #3 (full sensitivity) 2"
IMG_3353.JPG

XP Mi-6 on full sensitivity paired to remote 4.5" (I was getting EMI in my house so had to GB it by pressing the button once to eliminate chatter)
IMG_3354.JPG

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1444041

XP Mi-6 on full sensitivity paired to remote 4.5" (I was getting EMI in my house so had to GB it by pressing the button once to eliminate chatter)
View attachment 1444042
That appears consistent with my field results too, but did not do a scientific test like this. What I need to see now is how well it does in highly mineralized soil. Seems like for the Garrett you had to GB to the point that it lost a lot of sensitivity. Also, in itegrated Deus pitch mode (i.e, sound coming through the headphones) on the MI6 it seems there is a fairly gradual buildup to max signal (i.e., bigger dynamic range) so you can actually make use of the pinpointer as a pinpointer without having to artificially reduce sensitivity to get it to pinpoint the location of the target in the hole. Especially useful in sidewall targets.

Sent from my SM-G935P using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't have to GB the Garrett at all, only the Mi-6 because it's so much more sensitive when wide open. Your correct on pitch. I like that feature a lot. For this test I used the other tone (forget what it's called). The one that sounds like a Garrett.

The Garrett carrot is not as deep as people think it is.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding GBing the Garrett. I am talking about real world conditions in soil vs. air tests. In highly mineralized soil, the Garrett, even after being ground balanced initially, would false if you put in a deep hole in mineralized soil or if you merely buried the tip in the soil pile pulled out of the hole. So you would have to GB it again to keep it from falsing. The problem was, every time you re-ground balanced it, you were also reducing sensitivity to the point that the Garrett would become somewhat useless in deep holes in highly mineralized ground such that you could not pinpoint the target unless you were right on top of it which might not be possible if, for example, the target was buried deep within in the sidewall. Even with the high sensitivity, I have not yet seen the MI6 false when properly ground balanced, which is a good thing. The true test will be real world highly mineralized conditions which I have not encountered since getting the pinpointer. Hopefully, I will have a chance to test that out soon.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I misunderstood your initial reply. I concur with everything you said.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1444041

View attachment 1444042

Thank you so much, that IS an impressive difference!! I may have to join the Deus gang after all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread