Metal Detecting
LOL a week after your wedding?
may want to rethink that, just sit and hold her hand

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun. Primarily a dry sand machine, but the new v 4 may make it quiet down in wet salt sand, hopefully. You'll need an antenna if you want to do any appreciable water/surf hunting with it because of the wireless coil. It snag me a few gold rings last year, so have at it. You are going to have to dig a quite a few pull tabs in the process since they ring up just like gold rings lol. Improved crown cap rejection tool if you use the XY display on those sweet sounding and disappointing crown caps. HH.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and congratulations. Get yourself a good sand scoop especially if your going to be hunting in the sand regularly. It will be much more enjoyable.

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the beach this week and found a lot of change, a silver toe ring and a whole bunch of bottle caps. I found a lot of junk too. I had the new xp pinpointer and didn't bring my instructions for it and couldn't find instructions online anywhere, it was doing a lot of falsing and I finally discovered that when you press the button once it's on, that it resets the ground balance so it's not so noisy in salt water, the thing would not stop beeping unless I gave it quick press to reset it and I was getting ready to toss it in the ocean. Other than that, it's awesome to have the sound coming through the headphones. Now I just have to figure out how to adjust the sensitivity with the controller. Have a good time! Congratulations!

(figured it out, can't adjust the pinpointer through the controller unless the pinpointer is turned on then a menu will come up)

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the beach this week and found a lot of change, a silver toe ring and a whole bunch of bottle caps. I found a lot of junk too. I had the new xp pinpointer and didn't bring my instructions for it and couldn't find instructions online anywhere, it was doing a lot of falsing and I finally discovered that when you press the button once it's on, that it resets the ground balance so it's not so noisy in salt water, the thing would not stop beeping unless I gave it quick press to reset it and I was getting ready to toss it in the ocean. Other than that, it's awesome to have the sound coming through the headphones. Now I just have to figure out how to adjust the sensitivity with the controller. Have a good time! Congratulations!

(figured it out, can't adjust the pinpointer through the controller unless the pinpointer is turned on then a menu will come up)

FWIW, I don't use a pinpointer at the beach. That's what a scoop is for. Inaccurate pinpointing, yeah, but it doesn't really matter with sand. Just one less thing to carry around and lose.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and congratulations. Get yourself a good sand scoop especially if your going to be hunting in the sand regularly. It will be much more enjoyable.

Better yet, give your new bride the sand scoop and put her to work. The couple that plays together...

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better yet, give your new bride the sand scoop and put her to work. The couple that plays together...
Last year I got her to detect for a short time she said it was heavy lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW, I don't use a pinpointer at the beach. That's what a scoop is for. Inaccurate pinpointing, yeah, but it doesn't really matter with sand. Just one less thing to carry around and lose.

I don't have a scoop, I get to the beach about once a year, it's very rocky and I'd rather carry a pinpointer than a scoop up and down cliffs.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes sense. When I think beach, I think powdered sugar sand. There are plenty of rocky beaches out there where the scoop will do more harm than good. Thanks for reminding me that all beaches are not created equal. Right tool for the job, definitely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach I'm going to is all sand, I have a cheap scoop. Only go 1 maybe 2 times a year.

Keep swinging my Friends!

chasu

Jul 9, 2007
South Georgia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT pro and XP Deus
The beach I'm going to is all sand, I have a cheap scoop. Only go 1 maybe 2 times a year.

I took mine to a Florida Panhandle beach for the first time last week. It did well in dry sand but got chatty at the tide line, as expected. I dropped the sensitivity to 80 and it seemed to help. I did find a tungsten with mop inlay men's wedding band and about $8 in change. Good luck and happy hunting.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck to you in the sand! Hopefully a gold ring will grace your scoop.

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to you in the sand! Hopefully a gold ring will grace your scoop.
I hope so they've eluded me so far so this will be my time :) law of attraction

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread