XP DEUS 4.0 Awesome 2-Day Hunt 1800's Church...

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Hello to all!

Wanted to share some of my finds using my new XP Deus...
I went to an old local church that dates back to 1816 & made some great finds, (my 1st two Silver Coin finds with the Deus as well!) :hello2:

As always, a HUGE THANKS goes out to Calabash Digger, U.K. "Gary" & "Man with the Hat" videos and tips on YouTube! :notworthy: (Thanks to all of you who post here as well...I read them all!)

My settings: ("Sifter-Based" Program)
Sens: 93
TX: 3
Freq: 11.8
Iron Vol: 0
Reactivity: 2.5
Silencer: 0
Audio Resp: 4
Audio Overload: 1
Notch: 0
Discrim: 1.0
Full Tones

(any hints or tips...feel free! lol)

I really try to listen for the deeper sounding targets, and yes...I also dig/get fooled by a LOT of trash, iron & bottlecaps.

But using the above settings, I am consistently pulling a lot of coins anywhere from the 8" to as deep as 13"+ (LOT'S of "Clad" or Common coins (quarters, pennies, dimes, etc)

The Silver-Lined Comb is a first for me as well. All-in all...a great 2 day hunt at the site!

I feel like I am gradually "getting" the XP Deus, and looking forward to learning more.
Thanks for reading my post, & Happy Hunting to all! :hello:

IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0906.JPG IMG_0920.JPG IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0916.JPG IMG_0921.JPG

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt. Only suggestion I would have is to run O disc and sensitivity at 85-90 and TX 2. Machine runs quieter, still plenty deep and I swear I dig more iron with higher sensitivity and any disc

Last edited:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive hunt if your scoring like that I wouldn't alter to much at that site

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice digs. That's a good general program in my opinion. A bit on the hot side but that is how I like it anyway. I would keep TX at 3 and Sens at 93 unless you get into very heavy patches of iron or trash. These days I personally prefer Multi tones and just a bit more Discrim so I can take advantage of the Iron Volume function, but yours is a very serviceable program. When the finds dry up at that site, you can adjust the Deus settings to really clean it up. There are many different approaches you can take to program your Deus. No single approach will find everything. You will have to make adjustments to maximize your finds at any site.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good settings and great finds! Would be interested to know if folks are using Ground Balance tracking with 4.0. I think it works great and keep it on by default.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
usmcscorpio

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Good settings and great finds! Would be interested to know if folks are using Ground Balance tracking with 4.0. I think it works great and keep it on by default.

Sorry, guess I forgot to put that little tidbit in about the GB...I almost exclusively use the GB "Tracking" option.
I have tried the "Manual/Negative 2 GB" method...but like you, I really want to focus on relaxing/enjoying the hunt, rather than stressing over the constant checking/adjusting the GB & worrying if I'm missing something!

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I would hunt this site till you are sure nothing is left, then once more.....

Remember with GB Tracking to wait 10-20 after picking up the machine from the ground for it to balance again, if you tart walking right away, you could miss targets.

Jim

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I would hunt this site till you are sure nothing is left, then once more.....

Remember with GB Tracking to wait 10-20 after picking up the machine from the ground for it to balance again, if you tart walking right away, you could miss targets.

Jim

Yeah, GB can sometimes get out of whack when you set the deus down, esp if the coil goes perpendicular to the ground. Since I always recheck my hole, I just keep swinging over the last target spot until GB has kicked back in (most of the time its quick, couple of seconds, sometimes it can take a longer, sometimes there's no delay), then move on. I need to pay closer attention to the effect of the pinpointer on tracking GB since it repeatedly puts the coil in standby.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread