v.2 and v.3.2 included in v.4

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have noticed a difference in the HOT and DEEP programs before even seeing the video. It feels like the HOT program is more sensitive to ferrous targets. I wish XP would come out with a more in depth manual about there "filtering". But I would assume that would be giving out to much proprietary information. It's back to the old days of hitting the test bed and recording the sounds the Dues makes as well as analyzing the XY screen for slight differences in the wave form

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when V4 first came out, XP said that it would stop giving good signals on big iron, which was a major problem with v3.2.

After using V4, I noticed that big iron still sounds like a good target. But then again, I've been using both the Deep and the Hot programs, which, according to Gary, use V2 and v3.2 filtering, respectively.

I'm wondering if program number 1 in V4, which uses V4 filtering, will indeed get rid of the good tone of big iron.

This is one of the things I'm planning to test.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did for me. Metal Buckles sound like crap now, same with the metal rings. They don't have that high, clean sound anymore. (At least at one spot)

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did for me. Metal Buckles sound like crap now, same with the metal rings. They don't have that high, clean sound anymore. (At least at one spot)
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try it out! Which program do you normally use in V4?

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently v4.1 beta has been released. It is said that v4.1 will be released to the public next week. I assume this will have the fix for Go-Detect app not seeing the Deus (no not the xp detect app for android...the go-detect app for iPhone).

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try it out! Which program do you normally use in V4?

-Deus Fast
-Full Tones
-disc -3.4
-Sens 90
-Tx Power 1
-Freq, 17.4
-Iron Vol 3
-Reactivity 2
-Silencer 1,0,-1
-Audio 4
-Notch 0
-Ground Notch Everything
Haven't been touching the Ground Balance. 85-90 is average around town. So have been just running at 90.

Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can adjust the 'iron volume' in 'full tones'?

tabman

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can adjust the 'iron volume' in 'full tones'?

tabman

Iron volume doesn't come into play when using full tones. As a side note if your not hearing iron (or you want to while in full tones) that means your disc is set too high.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I think I am a fan of V2 "filtering"
I loaded up a DEEP program with V2 V3.2 and V4 I noticed that V4 still sounds off on some iron like it's a silver 50 cent piece lol.
Here is my DEEP for all that want
Start of in DEEP
- full tones
- silencer -1
- Disc 4.0
- Sens 95
- Reactivity 2.5
- TX 3
- Freq 8Khz
- Ground Balance Tracking and Ground Notch to 80
With the program I have pulled dimes at 8"-9" and Quarters at 15"
I prefer 8Khz as I manly hunt for silver and 8Khz gives the best TDI spread of American coins and also makes pull tabs and beavers come in around 48-53 and not to clean sounding. Just kinda stinks that Fatty Indian heads also come up around 55 lol so have to watch. Not sure what gold would come up as. I might try hitting a tot lot today and a local park so see I can snag any jewelry the moms around town have lost.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laidback....did you get out? How did it go?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
This is freaking confusing. :coffee2: You'd think a company might consider the end user by, um, I don't know, maybe.... officially documenting this stuff. Good grief!

So WTF are we talkin' bout? Ground filters between versions all resident in V4.XX? Not talking bout the silencer filter. (although that's probably affected too?)

Is it to be understood that, dependent upon the factory program one chooses to begin as a base, the unchangable ground filter (like I can switch/adjust/change on the V3i) is different between the Deus versions and our programs can be built using those various base ground filters? And the ground filters will only vary if you switch between programs that began with that ground filter, so start with factory fast and you get ground filter from version X, start with factory hot and you get GF from version XX, and so on?

Is that correct? :icon_scratch:

Interesting.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that is correct. And yes, this is nuts. I am intrigued by the supposed implementation but really miffed about the lack of documentation to facilitate user understanding and how it can best be utilized. So forced to experiment with flawed trial and error testing. Not exactly satisfying.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree about the lack of documentation and version control. However, I think it's a cool feature to have on those two "pro" programs. It really does open up the customization abilities by retaining v.2 and v3.2 performance attributes in v4.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jadocs - Agree - I like the possibilities it opens up, just would like more info behind the magic so I can be more adept as using the feature to maximum advantage. Maybe XP will drop more info once they release V 4.1. Who knows.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only info I am seeing regarding 4.1 is older remotes will now be able to select "yes" or "no" under go-detect. Nothing on anything else.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I love the "New World" this bomb from Gary has opened up for us......This is like one of those penny slots with 5000 different combos you can select, but does not cost us anything....LOL

Jim

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laidback....did you get out? How did it go?
Man, last weekend sucked. First, I didn't get out to dig, due to inclement weather. Then, I messed up my arm somehow. Good thing it wasn't my swinging arm. Guess I need to go see the surgeon fella and have him take it off.

Anyway, I'm hoping for another shot at this weekend.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll get better....and get out there! :D

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey laidback...do me a favor and take the coil cover off your HF coil. Does it (gray part) feel kinda "tacky" underneath yours?

Edit: I just wiped it off with a wet rag. It appears that it the top coat or clear coat XP applies over the epoxy might have been the culprit.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 11 inch regular frequency coil the epoxy does feel soft on the bottom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread