TxDigger2

Apr 26, 2017
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Tejon, Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Everyone,
Got my new Deus last Friday and couldn't wait to go out and give her a go. Got everything charged up and went out for a short trial run late Friday afternoon, dug up a bunch of trash and a few pennies. Came home and worked on figuring out how to add a couple of programs, one from Gary and one from Calabash(SP?) and went out again Saturday morning and did pretty good. Found a decent size silver ring! I really love this detector but I've still got a lot to learn.

One question I have is does the coil ever turn off?? Mine has been blinking the entire time since I got it. Thanks for the help.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Sounds like you will be one with your new Deus in no time.
The blinking indicator light blinks all the time.
At different speeds for different things..... charging, linking up. detecting and standby.
Enjoy your new toy...

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your with us ,can't wait to see your many deus finds.Now that you have a deus you can turn your TX up and be Txdigger3

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz on the new machine and stick with it, you will be rewarded.

OP
OP
T

TxDigger2

Apr 26, 2017
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the help, glad to know nothing is wrong with my coil.

I tell you; I was a little worried that the Deus would be hard to use with a steep learning curve but to be honest so far I've found it to be pretty easy to set up and use. I am struggling a little bit with some settings like how to set up notching and what some of the other settings do but for the most part it hasn't been near as bad as I thought it would be. I think what helped a lot was reading so many threads on here, tons of great advice on this forum!

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the help, glad to know nothing is wrong with my coil.

I tell you; I was a little worried that the Deus would be hard to use with a steep learning curve but to be honest so far I've found it to be pretty easy to set up and use. I am struggling a little bit with some settings like how to set up notching and what some of the other settings do but for the most part it hasn't been near as bad as I thought it would be. I think what helped a lot was reading so many threads on here, tons of great advice on this forum!

The easiest way to set up notching is to ignore it. ;)

Seriously... I don't use it, my two friends with Deuses don't use it, and from what I've read here, few people do use it. Unless your hunting situation really really requires it, I'd put that on the back burner for now, and just add it to my repertoire once I had everything else under command.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the deus! We are not the same person, I have videos too under calabash digger on youtube.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the Deus! I also never use notch. I'd rather set up a tone program and set the VDI region troubling you to a lower pitched sound.
The deus offers several solutions to some problems. :)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another vote for no notch. Let your brain do the discriminating and spend more time detecting than painfully setting up the notch parameters (and tone breaks if you are not using full tones). My new motto: Full tones, no disc, no notch, no missed finds!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Agreed...
Full Tones
NO notch & 0 Disc
Need to hear all targets
I do used Ground Notch.. Full Black , but this does not effect targets only ground phase.
Learning the tones of "Good" targets is the key

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TxDigger2

Apr 26, 2017
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear I should ignore the Notch for now. I am learning to recognize the "sound of a coin" and this weekend wife and I found a school that had a lot of modern clad and some trash, I was surprised at how I am learning to recognize the sound of a coin vs trash. Dug up about 25 coins or so and had a great time, can't wait to get out again!

congrats on the deus! We are not the same person, I have videos too under calabash digger on youtube.

I watch your videos and enjoy them a lot, so does my wife. I should've said Calabash Digger, one of the programs I use is the one you have at the top of this forum in the recommended programs thread for Relics, it's noisy but it finds coins! Thank you all for the help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread