filters in ver 4,3.2 ,2.0 what Gary was talking about in his video.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being more advanced ,does that mean we can use more silencer without sacrificing depth .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being more advanced ,does that mean we can use more silencer without sacrificing depth .

Sure hope Calabash answers your question with a test garden video. (Hint, hint)

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting Calibash because I *think* Gary also made the case about there being no reason not to run v4 because you have v2 and v3.2 resident in v4. If it was just silencer, it would not be entirely accurate. Then again maybe I just heard what I wanted to hear.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would expect him to say "the silencer filter" have changed in V4, but what is interesting is how much time was spent in the video talking about the "new" change in the filters. Maybe a way to get people to think it's now better with iron discrimination.
At this point it's just a guessing game but I think it's more just the way the processor handles non-ferrous VS ferrous. I'm sure the changes are so small it's going to be almost impossible to detect with out an oscilloscope and other electronic tools.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said version 2 would hit harder on targets but crack on iron and ver 3.2 was a improvement in the silencer filters (iron). I really don't know I just asked him what filters he was talking about and he said it was the silencer filtersd and what I said about ver 2. Ive never used ver 2 so I cant comment on that and I have been still running 3.2 as its been good hunting weather and didn't want to learn something new right now. I did try ver 4 for a few hunts though and switched back for the time being but I didn't know about the filters then. btw I think it has to do mostly with how it handles iron as was said above.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash thanks for clarifying you got that info straight from Gary. I am also looking into it via a question to Andy Sabisch. Will report back on what he finds out from XP (probably Alain himself). If it is indeed the silencer filter, the effect would be practically non-existent for me as I run silencer at -1 (i.e., off) or at most, 0 so as to not affect depth performance which silencer kills.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah but it might even be filtering different at -1 ,kinda like the whole negative ground balance deal. just a thought

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using a negative integer varable is a pretty standard software variable convention used to switch a software process off or on. I would hope that even in XP's bizarro software programming world Off would mean Off. But stranger things have indeed happened. We do know that XP is enamored with the silencer feature since instead of being defaulted to -1 (off), it is usually set to an undesirably high setting by default depending on the reactivity setting.

Not remembering the negative ground balance deal you are referring to, can you remind me?

Nevertheless, I agree, to be certain we definitely need some concrete or at least consensus answers from XP.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hear those French crickets again lol....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, no kidding. It does make me chuckle and SMH.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry meant to negative disc setting, and was talking about how the range has changed where 1 on version four is not the same as 1 on version 3.2.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To revisit here.
Depth of Deus as mineralization of soil increases, not all Deus modes version 5.2 the same.
In my soil deep mode (using different filter say vs hot program) will in fact strike deeper.
Comparing these 2 modes above with silencer set to -1.

Now will a Deus user see this hunting in real mild soil???

Calabash can check, I can’t say.

I have a video that supports what I have said above.
I may post here soon.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To revisit here.
Depth of Deus as mineralization of soil increases, not all Deus modes version 5.2 the same.
In my soil deep mode (using different filter say vs hot program) will in fact strike deeper.
Comparing these 2 modes above with silencer set to -1.

Now will a Deus user see this hunting in real mild soil???

Calabash can check, I can’t say.

I have a video that supports what I have said above.
I may post here soon.

Yes please post it.

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how come you used those junky metals instead of something like a penny or dime?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good info for a start and those are Russian crickets

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how come you used those junky metals instead of something like a penny or dime?

Because I was using them doing other test.
I have witnessed the very same thing in video on deeper coins and relics in the wild undisturbed and freshly buried as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions