Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... it's about to get real.

I know we all love our Deus's but..

What are the gripes?

What would you change?

I'll start...
In no particular order:
- I wish the stem stand was long enough that my darn machine wouldn't roll away down the hill
- I wish it chattered less, it's a bit noisy
- I wish ground balance tracking had an assignable + and - value

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Had corn in mine the other day, I can not even remember the last time I ate corn.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be nice if it had a bigger color display...

Something more like a smart phone display.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it's perfect isn't it?

Hmm, off the top of my head, I can think of a couple wish list items:

* I wish there was a coaxial coil option.

*The inherent flaw of the design is that accessory/replacement coils are expensive and cannot accommodate a small form factor like a sniper coil.

*I wish ID norm was referenced to 8 khz instead of 18khz, don't understand why anyone would find scrunching all the high conductor TIDs together would be a good thing.

*I wish the silencer default was -1 or 0 irrespective of reactivuty setting.

*I wish the pinpointer discriminated or provided tone ID or displayed target ID on the remote like a sunray probe.

*I wish the HF coils also accomodated the low end legacy frequency settings (at least as low as 8 khz) and that TX power was not locked at 2.

*I wish TX power could be adjusted for 4 khz or at least not locked on TX3.

*I wish there were more custom program slots.

* I wish you could modify built-in programs and save the changes in the associated built-in slot for future use and be able to easily revert them back to the factory default if things got too crazy (without having to do a global reset or reload of the firmware).

*I wish you could upload saved custom programs from your PC via USB or from your phone via a wireless connection.

Is that enough?

Last edited:

mstreenz

Apr 30, 2017
Downs, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, E-Trac, AT Pro, GTI 1500, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed with ground balance tracking plus and minus.
Reactivity adjustments changing the silencer settings.
Not exactly the Deus, but I think they missed an opportunity of having the pin pointer sound out the actual tone that it is detecting.
Better timing on updates as vs 4.0 was supposed to be released a year ago.
I know the Deus is a tone machine but maybe TID readings on deeper targets?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine digs everything to the point I don't think I have a bucket list anymore. No complaints. Except the dirt doesn't clean itself off.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I loved the design and all it's tweaking capabilities, my only gripe is that it sure does like to ring in big iron as big silver. I dug more iron with the Deus than with any other detector I have used.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Not enough time to use it!!

But really I agree with the other comments, I think they would only make a great machine better.

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A mute button would be nice so when you lay it down to dig it would quit chattering.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1 - better high carbon iron discrimination
2 - the damn thing ALWAYS rolls down the hill!!
3 - the fact it bends with heavy coils on.
4 - sound is to low when using just the LCD
5 - no after market coils period.
6 - small coil selection
7 - everything that V said above I totally agree with and hope XP takes this thread to heart.
8 - the fact that the Dues II will come out with all above issues addressed and I'll have to spend another $1.5K ☺️

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What V said, but I will add... plugging the USB recharger into the WS5 headphones is a nightmare. A year later, I still struggle.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That it cant get over a capped bust silver or a dated Spanish silver. Oh and a gold coin too

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A mute button would be nice so when you lay it down to dig it would quit chattering.

One of the reasons the new pinpointer is great, tho kind of an expensive mute button.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine digs everything to the point I don't think I have a bucket list anymore. No complaints. Except the dirt doesn't clean itself off.

Plus it doesn't actually dig all your banner finds and coin caches for you. It still makes you dig 'em yourself, Smokey. Cruel machine that Deus. Lol.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1.: charging clip. Had to make my own due to breaking 3 of them so far.
2. Inability to turn the volume down on iron tones. Would be nice to be able to run the detectors disc wide open (which I do) but turn the volume down on the selected tones. I hunt in full tones and would love to be able to turn down the volume of anything below 7 by 50%. Currently "Iron volume" is useless when wide open disc is in play.

Other than that, i am pretty happy with my Deus. I am using 3.2 version and sitting out the software upgrade.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chatter I wish it was quitter , the new hf coils do run very stable at high sens though but don't like the tx locked on 2 .

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only recently been trying to wean myself from TID Normalization because I wanted to use frequency shifting to help ID bottlecaps and such. But to do so, I either need to create another program with all the same settings aside for frequency, or push several buttons to change the frequency, then change it back. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to toggle freq with just one button?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only recently been trying to wean myself from TID Normalization because I wanted to use frequency shifting to help ID bottlecaps and such. But to do so, I either need to create another program with all the same settings aside for frequency, or push several buttons to change the frequency, then change it back. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to toggle freq with just one button?

I subscribe to the multiple similar adjacent program approach because you can use it to also easily shift any combination of multiple parameters simultaneously and quickly for specialized hunting situations (such as shifting frequency and reactivity and discrimination). But I agree that it would be nice to custom assign buttons on the remote as an on-the-fly toggle for any parameter you desire. Note, however, that in any given program, once you have navigated settings to change frequency once, it will subsequently always be the first parameter that shows up when you press the menu button provided you don't adjust any other parameters during your detecting session or restart the controller. FWIW

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish that nickels were as consistent on the VDI as all other coins are. Depending on orientation, nickels typically jump between 57-67 on the VDI for me and all other denominations rarely jump between 1-2 numbers. I run ID normalization ON so that's with the 18 kHz numbers.

I also do not like the plastic plug in my WS5 headphones. I have a helluva time taking the plug out when I need to charge the headset.

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just make it do the digging.other than that nothing.i pull b b size foil from 10-11 in.love this thing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread