Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Things you dislike most about your Deus

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2015
    Somewhere in Europe
    Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Things you dislike most about your Deus

Yeah... it's about to get real.

I know we all love our Deus's but..

What are the gripes?

What would you change?

I'll start...
    In no particular order:
    - I wish the stem stand was long enough that my darn machine wouldn't roll away down the hill
    - I wish it chattered less, it's a bit noisy
    - I wish ground balance tracking had an assignable + and - value
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Retired

Aug 2012
    Europe
    Radiodetection RD1000 Minelab CTX 17 DD 6 & 10X5 DD Coiltek. GPZ 14 & 19 Coil JW Fisher Pulse 8X 5 & 16 coils
    3432 times
    Had corn in mine the other day, I can not even remember the last time I ate corn.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 75, 80LT & 58LT
    8635 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    It would be nice if it had a bigger color display...

Something more like a smart phone display.
    Loco-Digger and tabman like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with 9 and 11" Coils, Minelab Excal II, Garret ATX, Tek T2 DST Mod Upgrade and Delta, Fisher F75 LTD/DST, Whites MX Sport, Minelab GPX 4800 w/ Gold Screamer
    935 times
    But it's perfect isn't it?

Hmm, off the top of my head, I can think of a couple wish list items:

* I wish there was a coaxial coil option.

*The inherent flaw of the design is that accessory/replacement coils are expensive and cannot accommodate a small form factor like a sniper coil.

*I wish ID norm was referenced to 8 khz instead of 18khz, don't understand why anyone would find scrunching all the high conductor TIDs together would be a good thing.

*I wish the silencer default was -1 or 0 irrespective of reactivuty setting.

*I wish the pinpointer discriminated or provided tone ID or displayed target ID on the remote like a sunray probe.

*I wish the HF coils also accomodated the low end legacy frequency settings (at least as low as 8 khz) and that TX power was not locked at 2.

*I wish TX power could be adjusted for 4 khz or at least not locked on TX3.

*I wish there were more custom program slots.

* I wish you could modify built-in programs and save the changes in the associated built-in slot for future use and be able to easily revert them back to the factory default if things got too crazy (without having to do a global reset or reload of the firmware).

*I wish you could upload saved custom programs from your PC via USB or from your phone via a wireless connection.

Is that enough?
    Last edited by vferrari; May 19, 2017 at 12:28 PM.
    "Aww c'mon guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings and double secret Version 4 variants nowadays."

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Downs, IL
    XP Deus, CTX 3030, E-Trac, AT Pro, GTI 1500, Ace 250
    26 times
    Metal Detecting
    Agreed with ground balance tracking plus and minus.
    Reactivity adjustments changing the silencer settings.
    Not exactly the Deus, but I think they missed an opportunity of having the pin pointer sound out the actual tone that it is detecting.
    Better timing on updates as vs 4.0 was supposed to be released a year ago.
    I know the Deus is a tone machine but maybe TID readings on deeper targets?
    Loco-Digger and vferrari like this.

Charter Member

Nov 2012
    4017 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Mine digs everything to the point I don't think I have a bucket list anymore. No complaints. Except the dirt doesn't clean itself off.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD SE, 1280X Aquanaut, & Fisher F2 (loaner) Have had a TC 1023, Fisher F4, Whites Classic ID II, BH LRP, Tesoro Lobo, F75, & XP Deus.
    12051 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I loved the design and all it's tweaking capabilities, my only gripe is that it sure does like to ring in big iron as big silver. I dug more iron with the Deus than with any other detector I have used.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    May 2010
    No. Cal.
    XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
    469 times
    Not enough time to use it!!

But really I agree with the other comments, I think they would only make a great machine better.
    vferrari likes this.

us
    Feb 2016
    Norcal
    …XP DEUS…. ….TESORO VAQUERO….
    197 times
    A mute button would be nice so when you lay it down to dig it would quit chattering.
    Last edited by USERNAME IS VALID; May 19, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

us
    Oct 2014
    New York State
    XP Dues - EMI Chaser Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
    241 times
    Metal Detecting
    1 - better high carbon iron discrimination
    2 - the damn thing ALWAYS rolls down the hill!!
    3 - the fact it bends with heavy coils on.
    4 - sound is to low when using just the LCD
    5 - no after market coils period.
    6 - small coil selection
    7 - everything that V said above I totally agree with and hope XP takes this thread to heart.
    8 - the fact that the Dues II will come out with all above issues addressed and I'll have to spend another $1.5K ☺️

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    vferrari likes this.

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    First Detector: Garret Ace 300 Main Detector: XP Deus Most Recent Detector: Fisher F75 SE
    237 times
    Metal Detecting
    What V said, but I will add... plugging the USB recharger into the WS5 headphones is a nightmare. A year later, I still struggle.
    Indiana Mark and vferrari like this.

us
    Jun 2015
    ES of Maryland
    XP Deus
    3761 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    That it cant get over a capped bust silver or a dated Spanish silver. Oh and a gold coin too
    vferrari and fishstick like this.
    2017 Best Finds
    1661? cob-12+KGs-1810 LC-1828 LC-1853 Trime-2 1853 Half Dimes-1865 French 50 centimes love token-1875, 1876CC and 1877CC dimes-colonial silver cuff-Late 1600s two piece asymmetrical buckle(avatar)

All Time Best Finds
    Colonial silver pomander-1600s trefoil spectacle buckle-Philip V 1 real cob-Philip V cut Pistareen- Seated Half Dollar-2 Seated Quarters-5 Seated Half Dimes-3 Trimes-10k class ring

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    XP Deus with 9 and 11" Coils, Minelab Excal II, Garret ATX, Tek T2 DST Mod Upgrade and Delta, Fisher F75 LTD/DST, Whites MX Sport, Minelab GPX 4800 w/ Gold Screamer
    935 times
    Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME IS VALID View Post
    A mute button would be nice so when you lay it down to dig it would quit chattering.
    One of the reasons the new pinpointer is great, tho kind of an expensive mute button.
    USERNAME IS VALID likes this.
    "Aww c'mon guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings and double secret Version 4 variants nowadays."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    935 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Mine digs everything to the point I don't think I have a bucket list anymore. No complaints. Except the dirt doesn't clean itself off.
    Plus it doesn't actually dig all your banner finds and coin caches for you. It still makes you dig 'em yourself, Smokey. Cruel machine that Deus. Lol.

Dec 2006
    827 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    1.: charging clip. Had to make my own due to breaking 3 of them so far.
    2. Inability to turn the volume down on iron tones. Would be nice to be able to run the detectors disc wide open (which I do) but turn the volume down on the selected tones. I hunt in full tones and would love to be able to turn down the volume of anything below 7 by 50%. Currently "Iron volume" is useless when wide open disc is in play.

Other than that, i am pretty happy with my Deus. I am using 3.2 version and sitting out the software upgrade.
    Loco-Digger and vferrari like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links