Remote Attachment Point Toughness

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the attachment point for the LCD remote? Seems like the little ears would break off after constant use to me. 20170520_141559.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't typically break off but they do loosen up over time such that your remote tends to fall off just by looking at it funny, which is something I am constantly doing. If the remote is really loose you should replace the mount assembly before you lose your $800 remote in the field - not a good situation to be in, believe me. Even if you manage to find it, who needs the frustration and to waste the time backtracking? The mount assembly is a replaceable part under warranty (2 years IIRC) and you can order the piece part from many shops that direct ship the Deus (meaning that they also likely stock the repair/replacement piece parts).

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, both my wifes and mine broke and have been replaced under warranty. I added some 3M super velcro and support with a tether to make sure it doesn't happen again. It fixed the problem - weak spot.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The official part name and number is the XP Deus plastic mounting bracket kit - D05B and it retails for $22 if you are out of warranty.

mstreenz

Apr 30, 2017
Downs, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, E-Trac, AT Pro, GTI 1500, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I have had one break as well. No issue getting it replaced as my machine was under warranty.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those folks who got it fixed under warranty, did XP ship you the replacement or did you have to send the stem in to the repair center?

mstreenz

Apr 30, 2017
Downs, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, E-Trac, AT Pro, GTI 1500, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I contacted the dealer that I bought it from. The dealer shipped me the new part and asked me to ship them back my defective part. I swapped it myself. No stem needed to be sent in. This is a major dealer so I am assuming that is the standard practice and not a void of warranty.

flysar

Mar 8, 2013
WA
Detector(s) used
Current: Equinox 800, Makro Gold Racer, Fisher CZ-20, various Tesoro's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found that hanging the remote in a water/dust proof case from my binocular harness is quite handy and I have little concern for damage or loss. Offers a quick view of target info or setting adjustments.
0506171104-1.jpg

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For those folks who got it fixed under warranty, did XP ship you the replacement or did you have to send the stem in to the repair center?
The dealer got our serial numbers and sent out new ones for me to replace. Had me send back the broken ones. Easy peasy.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is the solution I came up with to stop the remote from popping off (which also was the direct cause of the clips breaking). I did this 2 seasons ago and havent had the remotes off since. The black clip is an ACCO binder clip that I found in our back office bin.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/452132-my-10-solution-problem-remote-popping-off-easily.html

Keep in mind, I'm like a bull in a China shop. That said, I know from talking with others that this remote falling off thing is a common problem.

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the information on the LCD Remote Attachment piece. I think I'm going to go ahead and order 2 extra to have in my carry bag just in case one breaks in the fields. Since day one I have been concerned about breaking that piece since when you push the remote off, sometimes you have to use a good amount of force to get it off. I know it's going to break on of those little clips sooner or later!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting doodads just came out with these. I purchased one just for spare parts. It does secure the remote more snugly than the OEM. I have not used it beyond mounting the remote on and off a few times.

IMG_3521.JPG
IMG_3522.JPG
IMG_3520.JPG

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. They also sell a remote tether/lanyard. They also sell a beefed up charge clip. All the weak links lol.

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, however 3D printing tech isn't there yet as far as producing a high quality part in my mind. Yes they will work and fit but you may have to do a little trimming of the edges lol. Nice to see someone making an effort though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions