XP Deus Discrimanating question

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a null sound from the Deus...kinda like the etrac will produce....i have a program that produces the null sounds....i never use it, I rarely use any discrimination....the machine is meant to be run "wide open / hear it all" in my opinion, because of the recovery / reset speed in the trash.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a null sound from the Deus...kinda like the etrac will produce....i have a program that produces the null sounds....i never use it, I rarely use any discrimination....the machine is meant to be run "wide open / hear it all" in my opinion, because of the recovery / reset speed in the trash.

Okay, what does it normally sound like when your coil goes over some nails, when you do have nails discrimed out??? Can you tell you just went over nails? Does it clip or make any sound at all?

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on how much discrimination you use.....theres really no single number or setting that is for nails....it also depends on the tone settings, silencer setting ....if I had it set on full tones, discrimination on 5, silencer on 2, most nails would be silenced, bump the discrimination up to 10 and all smaller iron is quite....too many variables.....i like hearing it all and run wide open.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Tedyoh says there are numerous variables regarding how a discriminated target will sound depending on how you have your settings adjusted so it's kind of pointless to discuss it on the forum. I suggest you you check out Calabash Digger's test garden videos on you tube (just search for Calabash Digger) and Gary's instructional videos linked at the top of the Deus forum so you can see and hear for yourself how the deus responds to nails and nails mixed with keeper targets. Otherwise, it would be helpful if you articulated why that behavior is important to you or what your desired detector audio response should be so we can tell you how the Deus could be set up to achieve that desired response. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with Vferrari. You can pretty much set it up to give you a low grunt on iron, or unull it out.
You can even use the iron volume setting to adjust the volume of the grunt as to not take to much attention away from better targets, if you wish to hear them.

I like to hear them, so I know when to slow down in heavy trash.

Going onto youtube to listen to the machine is an excellent suggestion!

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, you can set it up to react how you want it to. Personally, I run full tones with negative disc so I hear everything. The Deus is an absolute beast when running wide open like that.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for their comments

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, you can set it up to react how you want it to. Personally, I run full tones with negative disc so I hear everything. The Deus is an absolute beast when running wide open like that.

I just got a deus again . I was running 3.2 now 4.0 on my new one I was wondering how the negative discrimination is and if you notice it seems it would be good for clean areas and getting deeper.

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just got a deus again . I was running 3.2 now 4.0 on my new one I was wondering how the negative discrimination is and if you notice it seems it would be good for clean areas and getting deeper.
Actually, you will like it better for iron infested areas, full tones lets you hear the low iron tones and a high tone if there is one there. Program 6 is your deep clean area program. I don't have a lot of time on mine yet, about 50 hrs. but that is what I believe to be true so hopefully someone else will correct me if I am wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions