I got a Killer deal on a Deus tonite

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2:

I have been thinking about adding a Deus to my arsenal for a few weeks now.

I was going to trade in my AT Pro plus cash for a new unit.

Well, today I'm looking thru my local ads and see a Deus with tons of accessories for sale for $1000

Woo hoo......I am now a new owner of a 11 month old XP Deus.

The seller was a super nice guy, been detecting 30yrs and just bought a Nokta IMPACT. He knew the value of his Deus ( gave me his original receipt)

He would not do a online sale as he got screwed in the past. I think that is why I got such a great deal being local and cash.

We went thru everything and he showed me that all the coils and headphones worked. Detected for a while.

So, this is what I all got......

Deus with the 9 inch coil version 3.2, WS5 headphones , LCD Remote
11 inch coil
13 inch coil
3 lower rods
XP WS-4 Wireless Backphones
Gray Ghost wireless phones
XP WS-4 Wireless Backphones
Vance muffs headphones
XP DEUS Silicone Control Box Case
Car charger for XP Deus
extra XP DEUS Search Coil Charger Clip
extra WS4 Wireless Headphone Adapter
XP Deus Foldable Wired Backphone
Andy book
and a assortment of extra parts..clips, coil hardware, rod adjusters etc

I couldn't believe my luck. ....

Oh and this was all above board ...nothing shady..have receipt..was at his house and we plan on hunting together in the future

So, prepare for lotsa questions as I start putting some time in with this detector :metaldetector: Thanks

IMG_7459_zpsenbub0g9.jpg

IMG_7461_zpsm8wgluhr.jpg

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
You got a HECK of a good deal. Congrats. You could sell the two big coils and the WS5s and STILL have a great Deus set up that cost you nothing.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Congrats. Wanna sell me that 9 or 13 for $200:)

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderators need to alert the authorities because you stole that! Congrats

No idea why he would give up all that for an impact though. Definitely your gain on that.

game over man

Oct 14, 2014
SE WI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F5,Fisher CZ-21,Teknetics Mark III
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations, could not happen to a better guy, you make your own luck!

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderators need to alert the authorities because you stole that! Congrats

No idea why he would give up all that for an impact though. Definitely your gain on that.

Yeah I was a little concerned too...almost too good of a deal if you know what I mean. LOL

He had receipts and he knew he was giving it away.

Everything appears brand new....just a little scuffing on the smaller coil cover, like 3 or 4 scuff marks, that's it.

I think he didn't give it enough time to learn it. It isn't even a year old.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 quick questions.

I assume first thing to do is update to V4?

Also, will charging more then 3 hrs, like over night, damage the batteries?

Thanks

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow wow holy $&$@ unbelievable I've left mine on charge for days I'm in my fourth season and have seen no battery issues.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome deal! It looks like you have enough extras to put together a second Deus and have two.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome deal! It looks like you have enough extras to put together a second Deus and have two.

With three coils and three sets of wireless headphones, that's like having three separate detectors. Great deal.

When you update to V4, I recommend you do it three separate times for each headset, using the same remote/coil each time (the first round you will update all three coils, just keep the other two coils out of range when you do the other subsequent headphone upgrades or you can do three separate headphone/coil combo upgrades using your single remote each tine, like you are upgrading three complete Deus'). I have two headsets and the prompt for upgrading the second headset was not straightforward IMO. If you botch the headset update you can potentially brick them and then have to go through through the hassle of sending them in to have them reset under warranty. When you are updating a headset, make sure the other two headsets are powered down and follow the prompts on when to turn the headset being upgraded on. Find a youtube vid of someone doing the upgrade so you can familiarize yourself with the process and expected prompts. I am making it sound harder than it actually is, but its that headset step is tricky. Good luck (like you need more) and enjoy your stolen merch. Lol.

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Deals like that don't come along often. Good for you in being prepared to pounce.

This should be in 'todays finds' section because that's more impressive than a few 1940's wheats.

Enjoy and have fun!

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deals like that don't come along often. Good for you in being prepared to pounce.

This should be in 'todays finds' section because that's more impressive than a few 1940's wheats.

Enjoy and have fun!

Thanks guys!!!

You are right on being able to pounce. I was refreshing Craigs list all day keeping my eye out for a deal. Luckily I had 20 minutes till close to run to the bank and get the cash.

Happy to say everything updated fine with no problems. Thanks vferrari for tip on doing headphones.

Later today I should be able to try it out for a hour or two at the site that was the main reason I bought it for. Tons of nails and iron. I have dug silver and gold with my E-Trac + 5" coil there in the past, so it will interesting to see how the Deus does this season.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use Deus fast as a starting point but change frequency to 8 or 12 kHz vice 18. I would use the 9" coil. BTW the 13" coil is heavy and users have reported that it overflexes the stock Deus stem and shaft. Might want to consider putting all the money you saved towards a third party Deus compatible shaft like those made by Anderson...FWIW. Also, sell the Vance Muffs and Gray Ghosts and consider picking up the Deteknix WS4 compatible headset. Great design, great price, great sound, great comfort and you can also use them in a wired configuration as a backup if the WS4 puck's battery dies.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Enjoy and have fun!
I'd vote Banner......seriously.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I still can't believe this deal.

Extra WS5, 2x extra coils, GG headphones, Vance headphones, and misc accessories that total over $1000 alone, it's like you got a full Deus for free.

I still can't believe that guy thinks the Impact is such a better detector that he sold all that at that price....crazy. He's going to learn a hard lesson and realize that he should have read between the lines on some test threads prior to its release.

Last edited:

mstreenz

Apr 30, 2017
Downs, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, E-Trac, AT Pro, GTI 1500, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, smoking deal. Congrats and agreed...better than a few wheats!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some rough math and accounting for all of the items that were actually named (not the extra stem cam locks and other misc hardware) I think we are talking $3540 worth of Deus equipment new was obtained for only $1000 11 mos. later. Wow.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that guy selling his house, too?

I'm in the market if he's selling, but only if he is selling. Could you imagine if he scaled up his salesmanship to real estate: $350,000 house for sale at $100,000!

OP, You should really send him some lube and a thank-you note. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some rough math and accounting for all of the items that were actually named (not the extra stem cam locks and other misc hardware) I think we are talking $3540 worth of Deus equipment new was obtained for only $1000 11 mos. later. Wow.

Same here ....I came up with around $3700 all. In fact, I couldn't even find some of the extras for sale anywhere, like some of the repair stuff in little factory bags.

Even his ad stated that any prospective buyer should "google all the items to see what a deal it was". I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. We exchanged emails etc and may do some hunts together later. ..... Maybe then I will ask him why he priced it so low.

I took the Deus out for about a hour yesterday and found about 8 coins in the heavyiron. Nothing old, but I was mostly learning tones etc. I was switching in between fast and the deep program. Being use to hunting with the E Trac, with a open screen, I found that dealing with the chatter on the Deus wasn't a issue. Next week I will really put some time in learning it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread