Constant noise

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Def not normal to hear this everywhere you go as it sounds like nearby external emi. If you heard it even with sense down to 50 and on all frequencies, could be a bad coil, unfortunately. Did you clean out any debris inside the coil cover? Also try running it just on the ws5 headphones alone without turning on the remote to see if the remote is the issue. Otherwise, i would go for a long drive to see if it is not just local power lines that you are picking up at diff sites in the city. Previous owner have anything to say?

BTW - Glad you posted the video, was hoping you would do that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Toolman0114

Sep 15, 2016
Windsor, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett ATPro
Fisher CZ21
Minelab GPX 4500
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem solved.....returned it for a full refund

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try and reload the v4 software at all?

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using headphones? Sometimes if there is a short or issue with the grounding on those they will just be annoying, I've had the issue like this with computer speakers and headphones.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like he's likely moved on from the Deus. Hope not, though. Glad he was able to get a refund as it did sound defective (provided none of the other remedies we suggested worked). Also glad he closed the loop on the thread and did not leave us guessing as to the outcome.

OP
OP
T

Toolman0114

Sep 15, 2016
Windsor, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett ATPro
Fisher CZ21
Minelab GPX 4500
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shipped it back Monday after work, I ordered a brand new Deus on Monday morning and got it yesterday, it works great with no issues. That's what I get for trying to save a few bucks by buying a used one.

Looks like he's likely moved on from the Deus. Hope not, though. Glad he was able to get a refund as it did sound defective (provided none of the other remedies we suggested worked). Also glad he closed the loop on the thread and did not leave us guessing as to the outcome.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tman - Glad you didn't give up on the Deus. Welcome back! Let us know how it goes now that you've got a "quiet" non-defective one.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also glad he closed the loop on the thread and did not leave us guessing as to the outcome.

Amen to that!

wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions