1st silver for Deus (kinda) and a heartbtraker ring

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I installed a home made antenna kit and hit the shallow water at one of the local lakes.

Ended up with 4 wheaties, half of a silver ring..the piece that mounts the stone, and this heartbreaker of a ring.

When it first showed up all nice and shiny in the scoop (minus most of the stones) , I figured white gold wedding set. Not today tho, it's a silver plated costume ring.

IMG_7528.JPG

wwww.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to get the Deus wet! Lol. What did you do with the control box in the water and which coil did you use?

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was only in about 20" of water, So I just used the splash proof case. I know it is a little risky but hopefully in a few days I will have Rustygolds old Excalibur and I wont have to use the Deus in water.

I used the 9" coil in the lake.

I decided to keep the 9" & 11" coil and I recently sold the 11x13" and my old CZ20 to help pay for the Excalibur and Deus. I also have the extra headphones up for auction along with my AT Pro. I figure by the time all is said and done, I wont be out any money and I've traded my old CZ20 and AT pro for a complete XP Deus set up and a Excalibur.

I know the DEUS is head and shoulders above the AT Pro and I figure the Excalibur may have a edge over the CZ20. If nothing else it should be newer then my 25yr old CZ and at least repairable if the need arises.

LOL Looks like I cant spell heart breaker right in the tittle

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. I was just musing in your other thread that if the seller wasn't so impatient to come up with cash get an Impact, he could have swung breaking up the set such that he could have kept one Deus, bought an Impact, and had enough cash left over to get an AT Max when that comes out. He left $500 on the table with CoiltotheSoil simply because he didn't "trust" paypal. Scratching my head on that one. Oh well, his loss, your gain. Lol. Smart move to parlay the combo into multiple detectors.

Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a great deal on the Excal. Your going to love it. Your scoring left and right.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a great deal on the Excal. Your going to love it. Your scoring left and right.

The best part is my AT Pro and CZ both just sold along with the Deus big coil and extra GREY GHOST ear phones, so it ended up being a push as far as out of pocket money goes.

And I still have Deus W/ 9" and 10" coils and 2 headsets and all the other extras, along with the upgraded Excalibur. These last few days have been crazy wheeling and dealing.

The metal detecting gods have definitely been smiling down on me lately!!!.

Now to find some treasure!

game over man

Oct 14, 2014
SE WI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F5,Fisher CZ-21,Teknetics Mark III
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some guys are lucky and some guys are good, but my friend Toothpick is good enough to make his own luck. He knows his stuff and more importantly he knows when something is a good deal and he is smart enough to move on it quickly. Now lets do some serious hunting!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best part is my AT Pro and CZ both just sold along with the Deus big coil and extra GREY GHOST ear phones, so it ended up being a push as far as out of pocket money goes.

And I still have Deus W/ 9" and 10" coils and 2 headsets and all the other extras, along with the upgraded Excalibur. These last few days have been crazy wheeling and dealing.

The metal detecting gods have definitely been smiling down on me lately!!!.

Now to find some treasure!

Now you "need" to get a good PI and you'll have ALL your basis covered lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread