sifter program is deadly

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the deus to a park, that I been to a hundred times, it's one of them spots you go to to get used to a machine. there isn't no easy targets left and everyones mother been there.I started in deep mode ,not much but nails.so I started heading to a spot that no detector did good for what ever reson , I'm talking etrac, at pro ,t2 and so on .I put it in sifter mode and dug a wheatey then another one then a nickel then a cufflink ,a old buckle ,then a buffalo in a short distance .I was amazed and excited.I then left to save some for another day.No one found this stuff yet so I no it will be there and there's plugs all over every time I go there. I only used the deus at cellar holes ,stuff like that. so I was amazed also it was with the nine inch coil.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine what it'll do with the elliptical coil... :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW what frequency and sensitivity are you using?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saving targets for another day? :icon_scratch: That can come back to bite you. Who's to say someone else with a Deus doesn't hit your honey hole today?

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW what frequency and sensitivity are you using?

it's Gary sift program 86 senc frequency 18 with negative gb . I would adjust as needed, but just put it in that mode and started hitting targets. I also noticed the y screen which is cool looking , but I didn't think much of it until I noticed that if you get a week signal and the line is long then it's a shallow small target if it's a week tone and a small line it's deep. I no that's the point of it just didn't think it would work as good . like other detectors if it's small it will show a deep target even no its shallow.that is so cool.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saving targets for another day? :icon_scratch: That can come back to bite you. Who's to say someone else with a Deus doesn't hit your honey hole today?

everyone's already been there , I been hitting this spot for ten years .it's on the out skirts of a park built in the 1800 s , you can use a shovel and no one's really around , but they still mow the grass .the most I found there was a merc and a silver thimble plus some religious metals . I tried a lot of detectors there and I been looking for the one that found what others didn't . this place was hit in the 70s and so on . so I think I'm safe , but do get your point , I think I got a early day this week so plan to hit it then ,maybe I'll record it so you all can see for your self what this thing is doing.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's Gary sift program 86 senc frequency 18 with negative gb . I would adjust as needed, but just put it in that mode and started hitting targets. I also noticed the y screen which is cool looking , but I didn't think much of it until I noticed that if you get a week signal and the line is long then it's a shallow small target if it's a week tone and a small line it's deep. I no that's the point of it just didn't think it would work as good . like other detectors if it's small it will show a deep target even no its shallow.that is so cool.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Do adjust as necessary, you can probably get away with a higher sens if not too chatty and hit the area with the same program but at 8 and 12 khz too as you will get a little deeper but still have the same separation. It's like hitting it with 3 different detectors. (I would avoid 4 khz unless the soil is really mild becauset TX Power is cranked up to 3 by default with 4 kHz). Enjoy.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the record:

Sifter
Load up the Deus Fast program

Change Discrimination…..between 0 or 1 (1 will eliminate most ground feedback)
Tones….Full tones
Iron Vol…..0
Audio response….4
Sensitivity …86
TX Gain …1
Ground balance…Manual 88 providing the mineralization bar is not indicating change is required)
At first don’t be afraid to use a discrimination of 1 until you get used to the audio feedback.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got some time to get back to that spot I couldn't put much sound of the deus on .
but I did find sliver ,which is remarkable considering that dime was 3inches at best here's a strip of that hill that is tough and if you noticed there were no plugs in the middle just on both sides .I no it isn't the best quality, but I don't have much time of late.

Last edited:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for that info Iron but I'm sort of a newb with the Deus so what about;
Reactivity?
Silencer?
Audio overload?
Thank you!

I never hunt with silencer on and I adjust reactivity between 2-4 depending on iron/trash concentration or how deep I wanna go. Ive kept my tx gain on 2 since day 1. Audio overload on default

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the video Dandut, and nice silver Merc find! Thanks for sharing!

thank you .I was very surprised when I popped out that merc. I can see people not digging nickel signals , but can't understand why that dime was still there.in that area 18 works best .and 4.0 seems to hit hard on nickels which will be good for all them buttons at cellar hole. can't wait to hit them. this thing hits hard on foil to ,even the thinnest peace ,my pinpointed has trouble finding.

TxDigger2

Apr 26, 2017
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Tejon, Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never hunt with silencer on and I adjust reactivity between 2-4 depending on iron/trash concentration or how deep I wanna go. Ive kept my tx gain on 2 since day 1. Audio overload on default

Great, thank you sir!!

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for that info Iron but I'm sort of a newb with the Deus so what about;
Reactivity?
Silencer?
Audio overload?
Thank you!
Any setting not mentioned stays as it was. Use the Deus Fast program as your template.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm wondering what makes the 'sifter' program so damn effective. What can be tweaked on the program and what should not be changed. I just posted my finds using it yesterday at a super trashy abandon house. LINK

tabman

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imo reactivity is what makes it so good. I'm still running 3.2 and run my disc on 1 which knocks out ground noise and uses iron as the baseline, just takes ground pops away. I hunted a lot with the sifter and had very good success with it too . Great program. Ive ran the sens down at 86 and cleaned targets out of iron. Heres something to try if you live in fairly mild soil go over a area with the sifter program and then change to these setting s and see if you can find a few targets missed by the sifter. sens 93 tx 3 and change reactivity to 2 audio respon 4 disc 1 on ver 3.2 and -1.5 on 4.0 or somewhere around there. 7kh and make sure to check silencer -1. Me and my partner have had good luck doing this because sometimes you miss the DEEPER faint signals with the sifter because all the iron noise covers it up and this program makes them(good signals) pop out from the iron just a little more. So basically hunting the same area two different ways one for shallow targets and the other for deep ones, make sure to slow down and listen let me know how it works for you. Of course in thick iron depth is not a factor a lot of time but sometimes there are holes in it and a deep target might just be hiding down there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so went back to that spot and got a gold ring , it's in grave to someone . another buffalo with green patina in great shape and my first war Nickel and also a old airplane pin plus a small religious medallion.this is a very small area so I don't no how much more it has to offer. maybe I'm just digging more.don't no why this stuff here ,but I'll take it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread