I Need A Little Help

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just purchased a set of Version 4 XP Deus WS4 Backphones. I already have the controller and a set of WS5 headphones that I've been using and have loaded a few programs on. On those programs, I have the ID norm set to the off position, so in frequency 12 I get a ID of 88 on a clad dime. Now when I go to the settings on the WS4 puck (after I turn of the controller), in my newly programed #11 Coins, the frequency is set at 12, BUT the ID on a clad dime is 91. It's acting as if the ID norm is ON and giving me reading like it was in frequency 18 rather than 12.

Oh yeah, I just checked as the same thing is happening on my WS5 Headphones.

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should reinstall version 4 again.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need a technician to talk with. Surely someone knows something about this, before I go to reloading vs 4 again and all my saved programs.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should reinstall version 4 again.

LMAO That didn't work. Remote ID 88 on a clad dime and both the WS4 and WS5 headphones ID 91. I first set the ID NORM to off and rebuilt my 12kHz coin program in slot 11 on the remote before turning on the headphones. The question is why do the headphones not ID the same as the remote?

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should reinstall version 4 again.lol

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10: You should reinstall version 4 again.lol
20: GOTO 10

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've tried it all until I'm exhausted and totally frustrated! It's not rocket science to build a program with ID norm off and save it. It's not that hard to turn off and on ID Norm. Even with ID norm off the basic factory program which is set up in 12kHz gives an ID of 88 on the remote and 91 on the headphones.

Me and a few others are apparently doing something wrong. XP should know what's causing this to happen.

I'm so wore out that I don't even feel like posting my finds today.

tabman

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to fool around with this now that I better understand your issue and will get back to you. I am also seeing Andy Sabisch this weekend and will bring it up with him.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to fool around with this now that I better understand your issue and will get back to you. I am also seeing Andy Sabisch this weekend and will bring it up with him.

Thanks!

tabman

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Next time I'm out, I'll take a look to. I never checked the VDI on the puck.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time I'm out, I'll take a look to. I never checked the VDI on the puck.

Note that the VDI only shows up when the puck is in standalone mode.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the Deus Lite there is no on or off function for ID Norm, does the factory set the ID Norm to 'on' or is it set to 'off'?

tabman

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Deus Light you cannot create and save your own programs even though you can make on the fly adjustments to the preset programs. But you are correct, with the Deus Headphones alone you cannot change the default ID Norm On to Off. I think the only way you can make this work with a "Light" setup is to borrow a remote, add the the "Light" coil to the remote, then load a custom program from that remote to the coil that has the ID Norm profile setting to off. You can then use that custom program with ID Norm OFF for the headphones only (light setup) since it will be saved to the coil and you can toggle to it using just the headphones. However, all the built-in programs will default to ID norm ON (I think). Need to go verify this. I have the HF coil now and there is no ID norm setting for that coil. It is "off" by default. I will report back with some additional info after I test my theory.

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found no large difference between headphones and remote control. +/- 1 VDI was the worst it managed.
Curious on if you solved the problem?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found no large difference between headphones and remote control. +/- 1 VDI was the worst it managed.
Curious on if you solved the problem?

Nope, even on 4kHz the I get a 90/91 on a clad dime on both headphones with the ID Norm in the off position. It doesn't matter if it's factory program or one that I built and saved myself. It seems this problem has everyone stumped. Even Moe. Now what?

tabman

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread