Another lesson on the reactivity setting

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My fiancé's yard is where every nail in NY state goes to rot away. So to hunt this yard means the Dues never stops talking to you and your listening for faint squeakers pushing through the iron. The image you see below is an example of how the Dues can pick up non-ferrous targets completely surrounded by ferrous targets. I layed the nails out in relation to how they where in the ground next to the quarter

SETTINGS
reactivity - 3
8KHZ TX - 2
Full tones
Disc - -6.1
Sensitivity - 93

2950342daeb53705d93ed76e652cb40d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus never fails to amaze me. I pulled an ancient Greek coin which was directly under a nail. An AT Pro walked right over the same exact spot minutes before.

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, and most people don't agree that the Dues will blow the AT Pro away and probably the AT Max since the recovery speed of the Dues can be adjusted on the fly to suit detecting conditions. I think that is what makes the Dues the best machine on the market. It's like having 10 machines in one

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the customization available on the Deus. Was at a field I have hit multiple times and I changed up the Sifter program and came out with $3 in clad and my first Euro.
Changes made:
Sens: 90
Disc: -6.4
Reac: 2.5
Aud Resp: 4

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job! Not everybody can swing in iron like that but that's where the goodies are! All those who say the at pro is better or as good are the at pro swinging people who have never had or learned a deus if they had they wouldn't make such silly claims.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks CD! The Deus is an Incredible machine for many reasons. The weight is nonexistent... like swinging a wiffle ball bat. The customization make it so versatile that it can be adjusted in any situation to help you find goodies as long as you learn the machine. AC battery charger that can charge all three parts at once... no more AA's or 9v's to mess with!
I can keep going if you want! :headbang: This MD ROCKS!!
I might get burnt at the stake for this but I do not like the AT pro. I checked it out when first looking for a machine and did not like it at all.
The ergonomics of the handle are totally uncomfortable, the grip is cheesy and doesn't have a good feel to it. The display is too small and hard to read and the beeps/sounds were not liked by my ears.
The Deus does have a higher price tag compared to some other detectors but for me, it is my main unit all day, every day!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go over to the garrett forum and say that they will burn you alive! lol

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coming from someone that has used both for a very extensive time period. The Dues is a whole different class of machine. The AT Pro is like a 1 trick pony unless you go with aftermarket coils.
The Dues is 20 machines in one, can be set for almost ever site you can think of. Thick iron = no problem
Deep relic coin shooting = no problem
Crap soil = no problem
The fact I can change frequency on the fly is what sold me.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbor now owns the AT Pro that I had for about two months. Gawd what a boat anchor!!

I had one too when they first came out. Hated it, don't miss it one bit.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you go over to the garrett forum and say that they will burn you alive! lol

:occasion14: Wouldn't be the first time... I like to rock the boat!
So many other better machines that that one. I see too many I just got an AT Pro posts and I feel bad for them.
Give me a Deus, a Fisher, a Tek or a Whites any day of the week!

** Nice to see a bunch have similar thoughts. **
Boat anchor! :laughing7:
One Trick Pony! :laughing7:

Last edited:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice job! Not everybody can swing in iron like that but that's where the goodies are! All those who say the at pro is better or as good are the at pro swinging people who have never had or learned a deus if they had they wouldn't make such silly claims.

I love it when people make those silly claims! I'll agree with them that whatever machine they say is better, really is better than the Deus. That means more targets for us Deus swingers :laughing7: My favorite type of spots to hunt are ones that have been beat up by everyone for the last 20 years. That's where I find most of my good stuff... Unless an equally proficient Deus user has beat me to a spot :laughing7:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah some of those type sites have given me a few good finds too. this being some of them which came from beat up sites. They missed a few with their pro lol I had to say it. DSCN1106.JPG DSCN1266.JPG DSCN1006.JPG DSCN1008.JPG DSCN1254 (1).JPG

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds CD!
It great what those ATP folk leave behind for us Deus users to find.
Clean up the tabs, remove the pop caps and leave the Gold and Silver for us!!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread