cant get the new coil to pair up

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the coil led is blinking, should be able to pair up. You have to manually enter the serial number into your next empty coil slot on the Options/Coils menu.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did that deleted it and did it again , then changed computers and reloaded version 4 again to no avail. It will not even recognize it at all .

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got to be kidding me I think I got a dud. It connects to my other coils when I change them but it wont connect to the eliptical

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you loaded V4 again, did it try to update the coil or did the computer not see it at all? Is the led blinking indicating the battery is connected (that connector on the shaft mounted battery seems like is could be a weak spot in the design)? If so, then charge it up overnight and give it a go in the AM. One gotcha is if you roll back to V 3.2 with an HF coil in the vicinity it will Bork the coil and it has to be sent back to be reset.

Another thing to check is to make sure you are entering the right characters. I think I entered an O instead of a 0 or something like that and it did not want to connect. Also, make sure you enter the coil on BOTH the remote AND the headphones or your headphones won't see the coil while your remote DOES.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It didnt see it at all. I have had version 4 only on the update, will check coil battery connection again It might just be dead dont really like the pin connectors on the cord hard to tell if they are seated good. The coil light flashes so I figured it was connected to the battery good. I thought it would be real simple update enter coil number and off to the races well that just flew out the window lol now im stressed out.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITS A DUD ! IM NOT A VERY HAPPY CAMPER AT THIS POINT. THANKS V FOR trying to help me but its a flop right out of the box.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold on a second. I think I read that the HF coil has to be in the #1 slot. So you need to re add your other coils again after you enter the HF in the first slot.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did put a full charge on mine before entering the serial number and it took a full 2 hour charge as well. Per XP's web site instructions (did not mention charging), as long as the headphones are on while entering the serial number in the remote, the remote will send the info to the headphones. This worked for me as I did not need to enter info in to HP's. I have the WS4's. Also slot 2 worked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's the first two slots then. I seem to recall my HF 9" not pairing and I found out that it needed to be in a particular slot. I originally had my regular 9" and 11" coils in my #1 and #2 slots.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've also had the standard coil disconnect from the remote from a drained battery (no coil found flashing error) and the LED was still blinking

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an HF coil in the third slot.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still a no go calling moe. thanks guys

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow that sucks. I've had some whacky stuff happen on our 3 Deus' (all 3.2). Like the coils suddenly not being recognized and having to re enter the SN's. Dont understand it but the #s get replaced with other #s for coils we dont even have. Its happened on more than one Deus. Tell me how that can happen? Also, recently, ALL 3 headphones wouldnt recognize any coils whatsoever so we were forced to hunt without headphones that day. I ended up having to erase 5 coils and re enter all #s. Then there's the one coil that shows a full charge but later I find it didnt charge at all and flashes dead. Weird stuff.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm....disappointed!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are gonna replace it ,got a return number . I got bent out of shape about this coil wanting me to wait till Monday that would have put me down another week. I was giving the guy a hard time and he passed me off to a supervisor you know who it turned out to be? Bill Ladd off of youtube I called back and the guy said this is Bill and I'm like wait a minute I recognize that voice off of youtube . He turned out to be a pretty cool guy told me about a 1800 slave tag he found. I cant wait to get my coil back got a site I want to try it on.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Forgot to mention another "nut at the wheel" happening. 100% my fault. If you have multiple Deus' dont enter the same coil # in both detectors. Twice my wife and I were tuned to each others coils. A real life Laurel and Hardy episode. lol

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are gonna replace it ,got a return number . I got bent out of shape about this coil wanting me to wait till Monday that would have put me down another week. I was giving the guy a hard time and he passed me off to a supervisor you know who it turned out to be? Bill Ladd off of youtube I called back and the guy said this is Bill and I'm like wait a minute I recognize that voice off of youtube . He turned out to be a pretty cool guy told me about a 1800 slave tag he found. I cant wait to get my coil back got a site I want to try it on.
Good for you. Glad to hear its getting resolved.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
CD
Sorry for all the problems, but glad you are getting a replacement.
Wish the turn-around time were shorter.
Still waiting fir that Video....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread