video of version 4 silencer filters test on merc dime .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the test done on a 4 inch merc surrounded by iron where I use the different preset programs which have different filters to build my custom programs.

Freakin' awesome video. I am with you - 4.0 has it by a nose over 3.2. Will use continue to use Deus Fast as the basis for my custom programs. Thanks for the test. I love your test garden.

Need to use your test garden to find out what silencer really does (is there anything it can help with, e.g., crown caps) and how much does it really affect depth.

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video, and thanks for showing how worthless the X/Y screen is as well, ive been preaching it for years....not sure why XP is so proud of it.
I also agree 4.0 is the best (for tones).... looking forward to the depth comparison

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice video! Thanks for sharing.

tabman

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video, and thanks for showing how worthless the X/Y screen is as well, ive been preaching it for years....not sure why XP is so proud of it.
I also agree 4.0 is the best (for tones).... looking forward to the depth comparison

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree with you re: X-Y screen. Not impressed anymore. I have lately just found myself confirming the x-y screen is just "showing" me the broken up audio am already hearing, so just a waste of time. Sticking with the horseshoe display.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xy does good on coin in clean ground but how often does that happen / will have another video up of the coins at depth tonight or tommorrow. I need to mess around with the xy a little more its on x6 but Gary said he4 set his on x3 so will have to see what happens but as you guys know its a tone machine at heart.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update the xy screen does better cut back to 3 power will have a video of it later where I pass some relics and coins in front of it and of course some junk. It did better on the dime in iron cut back to 3 BUT tones is still the only way to go

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I agree with you re: X-Y screen. Not impressed anymore. I have lately just found myself confirming the x-y screen is just "showing" me the broken up audio am already hearing, so just a waste of time. Sticking with the horseshoe display.

I still like it... or at any rate, I think it is as good as the horseshoe. But in any case, the display is the very last thing I look at, first being the sound, next the TID, and lastly what the display looks like. If sound is right, I will dig (I'm learning to dig often even when the sound and everything else seems off, going more by some sort of inner intuition that I don't understand yet).

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it will pay off trust me! keep digging.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Good work Calabash. Very informative.

I'm not as down on the XY display as everyone else is. It IS really all about the tones but today I had a very debatable signal in the iron patch I was working and the XY graph convinced me to dig it. The tone didn't change much as I worked around the target and the XY graph looked like crap except from one small angle. I wiggled the coil and got enough of a slant in the right direction to make me dig and was rewarded with a nice button. I am finding that the XY screen will usually give a positive indication of a good target if you do the coil wiggle as you work around the target. For those iron masked targets, sometimes you really need to work all the way around the target to get the one good angle that will produce a diggable XY indication.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it did way better cut back to 3 on the dime in iron. For me I will leave the xy screen on my setting as its kinda refreshing to look at. I have learned to dig or not dig by tones alone so it will not help me much actually I hunt with the remote in my pocket alot of the times. Whatever tool gives you the advantage use it, im hoping that eliptical coil will be the tool for me .

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Video CD! Love the southern accent!
Thanks for sharing. :occasion14:
I tried the XY screen.... didn't care for it so I leave the horseshoe. Use my ears and only look if I have doubt.... 67 in 8K always makes me think... dig or not?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread