My First Attempt At A Deus Headphone Mod

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I almost got it right first time out of the gate. One speaker works and I destroyed the another one by using too much heat connecting the heavier gage wires. I learned a lot, so I'll do better my second attempted. These headphones fit my head a better than the WS5 headphones do and also do a better job at reducing surrounding noise. Here are some pictures. Could someone confirm that I got my wiring done correctly? BTW, if someone has a set of broken backphones replacement bands that they want to sell, shoot me a PM. I can savage the parts.

tabman

Attachments

• DSCN7564.JPG
    DSCN7564.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN7565.JPG
    DSCN7565.JPG
    496.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN7566.JPG
    DSCN7566.JPG
    529.7 KB · Views: 68

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks really good. The wiring seems right to me but I've not played much in stereo and mono speaker wiring so dont take my word..As far as I know mono just means to wire both speakers from one channel.

Thanks for the inspiration to get mine done!

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just opened my backphones and they are wired the same.

Also, I dont know if you just took your backphones apart (sounded like you did) but the adapter plate just pops off the back phones the detaches from the head band with a screw. You probably already know this..

I was gonna order an adapter plate off ebay for like 25$, but after seeing I could get a set a backphones for 19$ and just pop them apart I decided to go that route.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just opened my backphones and they are wired the same.

Also, I dont know if you just took your backphones apart (sounded like you did) but the adapter plate just pops off the back phones the detaches from the head band with a screw. You probably already know this..

I was gonna order an adapter plate off ebay for like 25$, but after seeing I could get a set a backphones for 19$ and just pop them apart I decided to go that route.

It's kind of crazy to buy an adaptor plate for $25 when you can buy the backphones and get the adaptor plate and speakers for less money. Those people selling $5 adaptor plates for $25 should be castrated. LOL

Next time I think that I'm going to connect the heavier wires to the thin wires that come from the speakers instead of trying to connect the heavy wires directly to the speakers. It takes too much heat to connect the heavy wires that go though the headband directly to the small speakers. I fried one of mine. Also I should have shorten the legs on the adaptor plate to be just tall enough to allow the wires to clear.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! Been using the exact same setup for quite a while now and I absolutely love it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread