copied this us coin program from page 102 of a book and it calls SILVER IRON!!!!!!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a U.S. coin program copied from a popular book written on the deus and its has a major flaw! You gotta see this really ,you gotta check this video out. The moral of this story is you might think you have the cats meow program and only really have a glass of sour goats milk.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shocking...Keep this up and you may have a hit put out on you!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody can go to page 102 and put this program in their machine and try this test. Do you know how many U.S. deus coinshooters have used this program ??? BTW look at the line written right asbove the graft that says NO US COIN WILL RING ABOVE 95 IN 7 KH. That might be true in a air test but at depth that statement is totally false. The id norm is off in this test and it is 7 kh notice the numbers in the start of the video.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playing Devils Advocate, do you think V4.0 and the differnt filters is fudging the program that was written in V3.2?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the deus elevated the numbers in 3.2 too.. I had thought about this sometime back but just never tested it because I don't use it and really wasnt that focused on it. A guy made a statement the other day about how he knew he wasnt missing targets with his settings and it got me to thinking well how do know have you ever really tested it or just going on somebodys word?? I already had a sneaky suspicion that his settings were flaw on deep coins. So that started the notch thing and got to thinking about the tone breaks and how it would do the same thing basically. I'm telling you, guys who have copied this program and used it in old parks and the field have walked right over silver.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah there's no doubt about that....im glad I don't coin shoot but must admit I do have that program loaded....did you try changing the tones to full? Then again no reason to i suppose, it would work with no tone breaks

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they were running full tones they would probably just use notch for the so called iron wrap around which just knocks the deep silver out period and doesn't even bother calling it iron.... I hunt iron infested sites and that whole iron wrap around thing is way over played imo. I'm telling the truth when I say this digging iron is not really a problem for me and my partner. I think its over played

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed....im purposely digging it up in hopes to unmask some goodies....in PA a few weeks ago I pulled out about 7 horseshoes and a few axe heads....no keepers underneath unfortunately.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig some as to test a site but its not like I'm digging it all day by accident thinking its a coin or something a few pieces here and there. I think that's where spending time with the machine pays off because you can hear the tonal varience most of the time on iron ,in full tones that is. I don't know about the other tones , I started with full tones and I am use to it. BTW could have easily been a good coin or button hiding around that iron you pulled.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As odd as this may sound I dont dig deep. I like cleaning out shallow clad and jewelry, and so far the deus has done an amazing job at that. But just yesterday I went to an old school and thought I might take a shot at digging deep stuff. No VDI just high tones. I switched to (not a 100% sure this was the settings..)Basic 1 and set the freq to 7khz, disc at 10, full tones, 90 sense and reactivity at 2.5 silencer 4. Wasn't long and I got a soft high tone with a VDI going in and out at around 90-92.. I thought deep silver, whee! Was a crusty zinc at 8-9" lol. I realized then that the Deus must have been up averaging. ID norm was on, and I think a zinc hits in at 85 in 17khz.

beep1971

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your using full tones in heavy iron you might well be missing targets as it is.

I dig some as to test a site but its not like I'm digging it all day by accident thinking its a coin or something a few pieces here and there. I think that's where spending time with the machine pays off because you can hear the tonal varience most of the time on iron ,in full tones that is. I don't know about the other tones , I started with full tones and I am use to it. BTW could have easily been a good coin or button hiding around that iron you pulled.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your using full tones in heavy iron you might well be missing targets as it is.
Oh wow, I never knew.....can you post a video showing your settings / recommendations and testing in heavy iron?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the nuance your talking about you can here it in the audio if you know what to listen for but it has to be sitting just right in the iron. I will take that any day for the advantage full tones gives in iron over 5tones 4 tones, etc. To me full tones ID s iron way better imo. The tone on full tones will get pulled down sometimes to just above iron if the non ferrous is positioned just right but like I said it does still give a tonal nuance that can be picked up if you know what to listen for. A lot of times you will see it on the vdi too ,the tone will be just above iron and you look at the vdi and it will read 4,5,6, ans you know something aint right and dig it and it might just be a non ferrous target hiding there.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would also like to know what to use in iron.

The only thing I've seen thus far is Gary talking about pitch being good in iron..Seems like most people like full tones so thats what I've been going with.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
The bottom line is that the VDI on very deep targets isn't always accurate. Actually it's hardly ever accurate. It could be higher than expected or lower than expected depending if it is collocated with another object. But like Calabash indicates, there will be a tonal clue to help you determine to dig or not.....even with Multitones. Like Tedyoh, I dig a lot of iron. I know it's iron before I dig, but you need to get it out of the way sometimes.

In my opinion, that program on pg 102 is an effective coin program. It's not perfect and it's not how I would hunt, but people will have good success if they use it. BUT there is a chance they will miss a very deep big silver. I have yet to find a program that will find everything at any site.

I've pounded sites with Full Tones, 0 Discrim, pulled a lot of nice finds and have left good stuff in the ground. Ear fatigue is a real thing. I've gone back and hit the same site with Discrim at 30 and found more goodies. No one program will do it all. It really does take multiple different approaches.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just take the last tone break out and change it and then it wold make it better imo. I agree no one program does it all thats why I change frequencys and sometimes will add some disc but to be straight there is NO WAY I would coin shoot with the program above because we KNOW for sure its knocking out some of the very prized things we are looking for . That would be like me using a program that I know will knock military buttons out at depth, that aint happening. omt I tested full tones on the deep targets against 2 ,3,and 5, tones and I think full tones also has an advantage over those setups on deep targets. It seems to hit them harder and not get that irony buzz from the ground minerals that happen when you get to extreme depth.

beep1971

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a small copper coin at 6" with a small nail at 3" above it just off center.
I'm in full tones for the first part, then i change to pitch. Towards the end you'll see me hitting the coin hard in pitch, then change back to full tones and sweep at the same angle, and you can see the difference.
In full tones the small nail drags down the tone of the coin so low i struggle to tell the difference between it and iron, also i think the pitch hits the coin from different angles better than full tones, you would have to come at the coin from the perfect angle to hit it in full tones.
I find the difference like night and day when hunting, and here in the UK many of the coins are tiny thin low conductors, so any advantage i can gain i take
I love the Deus in full tones, but i'd be walking past good targets using it on some of my sites, i also use 2 and 3 tones when i hit a bit of trash or coke infestation.

https://youtu.be/JuIF_WAed2M

Oh wow, I never knew.....can you post a video showing your settings / recommendations and testing in heavy iron?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw your post on the other forum about it , ive never tried much to get in tune with pitch I will mess around with it in the garden.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a small copper coin at 6" with a small nail at 3" above it just off center.
I'm in full tones for the first part, then i change to pitch. Towards the end you'll see me hitting the coin hard in pitch, then change back to full tones and sweep at the same angle, and you can see the difference.
In full tones the small nail drags down the tone of the coin so low i struggle to tell the difference between it and iron, also i think the pitch hits the coin from different angles better than full tones, you would have to come at the coin from the perfect angle to hit it in full tones.
I find the difference like night and day when hunting, and here in the UK many of the coins are tiny thin low conductors, so any advantage i can gain i take
I love the Deus in full tones, but i'd be walking past good targets using it on some of my sites, i also use 2 and 3 tones when i hit a bit of trash or coke infestation.

https://youtu.be/JuIF_WAed2M

Thanks - this is very interesting.....I do grid heavy iron sites so full tones would have worked, eventually, and my ears still prefer the full tones but I will be testing pitch tones out for sure in heavy iron.......love the Dues for this reason, yet another weapon for the fields, but all wrapped up in one.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will have a video up tonight comparing pitch and full tones on masked targets..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions