xp deus for beginers how to set up tones and tone breaks.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why I like full tones, don't have to set this up.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
made the video for a guy who has problems with his ears, he worked in the air craft trade . He needs the tones to real different on targets so he can pick them out.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get that. Full tones is not for everyone for various reasons. Spent a lot of time at the bootcamp getting tone breakpoints set up for people. One advantage to multi-tones is that you can set up the breakpoints for different operating frequencies so that they break the same for the same targets regardless of operating frequency by upping the the breakpoint TIDs for the higher frequencies. It's like ID NORM for tones normalized for whatever frequency you prefer (instead of normalized to 18 khz). You can then have all the tones sound like 8 khz for the breakpoint target ids at 8, 12, and 18. The target ID on the display will still change. That something you can't do with full tones. Also, once you have the multi-tone breaks set up in a custom program, you can switch back and forth between full tones and multi-tones and your tone breaks will remain intact. So if you set up program slot 11 with a 5-tone, 8 khz program you can switch to full tones and your 5-tone program will stay intact EVEN if you then save full tones as your custom program default. Hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats cool hadnt thought of that. got to put that in the memory bank.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Tone break points are very useful.
I setup Gold TIDs at the Higher Clad/ Silver tone when hunting the dry beach.
That way if I hit a gold earring or gold ring it alerts me the same as a quarter would.
Maybe not the best way to do it, but it worked for my..
This was years ago and I might not do it that way now that I hunt with full tones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions