changing from full tones to 2,3,4,5, tones with low disc beware begginers.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Negative Discrimination.....do we know exactly the reason to, or field conditions, where or why we would use this? My understanding is you are discriminating out red brick, hot rocks and minerals, which in theory would make iron sound "better"? Because now a nail that would usually be blocked at disc of 6 will sound off with a tone or TDI number of 8.5 with the disc set at -2.5?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna do a video of negative disc in full tones on iron tommorrow and will post the results. The tdi of 8.5 dont think so will have to check but on a square nail its normally 1. I will check the nail with -2.5 and see if it hits at 1 still. From what ive seen today the deus will id iron at -2.5 in full tones better than 5 tones with a disc of 6. Will do some more test tommorrow and confirm and will film it. I have always ran a low disc with full tones on 3.2 I ran a disc of 1 to knock out ground noise. I have always ran the low disc because I like to hear everything and like the way the audio behaves on the deus opened up . I know the neg disc has a application over sea for ceramics, I dont use the -6,4 and like the -2.5 though .

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thanks.....can you try it off the concrete pad as well if you don't mind....i still think the main reason negative disc was released in 4.0 is that it was supposed to be used with the HF coil for prospecting purposes . The concrete pad may be playing a roll in the results of this video. Not positive but it's possible.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok but it doesnt have any rebar in it, also tried disc in garden on iron and full tones verse 5 tone and disc of 6 same results. I need to play around with it tommorrow though and double check what I saw today on iron falses. I think your correct about the neg disc.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok but it doesnt have any rebar in it, also tried disc in garden on iron and full tones verse 5 tone and disc of 6 same results. I need to play around with it tommorrow though and double check what I saw today on iron falses. I think your correct about the neg disc.
Thanks ....its not the rebar I was wondering about, it's more about concrete not being dirt....i get a lot of falses when I go over large boulders or large rocks.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be awhile before I can answer that , the coil that was sent to me was my good friends and I was testing it while he did his treatments and he got it back a couple weeks ago , so I got to wait till my birthday to get mine which is coming up in sept.The video I did was on a plantation and I ran disc on 6 in the thick iron and -2,5 away from it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread