Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Full tones
8 Khz
90 sensitivity
TX 2
Reactivity 2, silencer 2
Audio response 4
Ground balance "tracking", ground notch 2 points under the true GB reading.

I use this program at every new site I go to and make adjustments from there...good luck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His program looks good except I would never use ground notch it knocks out targets. I have tested that feature and have a couple videos up showing it doing so.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His program looks good except I would never use ground notch it knocks out targets. I have tested that feature and have a couple videos up showing it doing so.
I thought your test was done with the ground notch fully engaged? My ground is pretty mild, usually only ground notch 4 to 6 points or down to 86 to 84. If I didn't I'd be digging hot rocks, this minor GN silences the hot rocks.....i do agree, and never have, fully engaged GN.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was fully engaged in the in the first video but in the second one with the gold earring it is not and is actually 3 points above number and knocks the target out. The guy who taught it would have no negative effect was flat out wrong... I know another tester for deus and he confirmed my findings BUT never publicly admitted it either. That setting is BAD and I know it was spread it had no negative effects but that myth NEEDS to be corrected. This is the video that shows the ground notch doing so and its still 4 points above actual ground number.

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks.....gives me a reason to hit my sites again in Spring

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to DEUS, and have found a couple of bottle caps and pull tabs I didn't know I had, anyway my question is, if you were to set up a basic program for general use of just looking into the ground, what would it be?
Anyone's "basic program" is really going to be quite unique to where they hunt, and what they hunt for. Your Deus already came with a number of presets, each designed for different situations. Of those presets, I would guess that most experienced users would fall back on Deus Fast if they had to use one of the presets (aside from beach and gold hunters), and most is it as the template to start their own custom programs.

IMO, you will be much further ahead to pick one of those presets, then tweak it for your own situation as you begin to learn what the various settings do, than to rely on someone else's idea of a good program.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add one more thing using the basic programs is fine BUT you need to pick a tone audio ONE and just use that to start with or you will never learn the machine switching back and forth between the factory presets as they use different tone setups . I suggest full tones it takes time but provides the most info but which ever you choose just choose so you wont be spinning your wheels.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preset programs have different frequencies as well, which will also affects the tones. Stick with one tone and one frequency for a while....i edited Deus Fast as stated above and saved it in a custom program slot. As CD stated, full tones is the tone to learn....id avoid 18 kHz as well.....it really lights up iron and until you learn what iron sounds like in 18 you will be digging a lot of it and get frustrated. I made this mistake when I first got mine.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions