HOW CAN A 9 INCH COIL AIR TEST THIS DEEP??

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manually lower the ground balance 5 points and I bet you get even more depth....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it will but I cant hunt with it like that ive tried.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...its a little unstable for me as well and it also lights up the hot rocks.....i will try your -2.5 disc and TX3 next week in PA....also built a sifter box to try out around a cellar hole that's polluted with iron.

Mike G.

May 4, 2017
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try using the ground notch and ground balancing 4-5 points negative and see if that helps.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neither of those settings will I be using my friend. dont care for gn and - gb is to unstable for me.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Please ...........do your research!

GARRETT AT MAX COIL TO THE SOIL DEPTH TEST (video) I am honored that you are following me around with your Douce. You have some interesting comparisons. The AT MAX was not designed to beat out other metal detectors. Depth alone should never be the number one reason for purchasing a metal detector, just as speed is not the number one reason for purchasing a car. However......for the cost of the MAX vs, the DOUCE, you sure get a lot of bang for your buck, plus it's made in USA and works as good in water as on land. Problems with unit? Repaired quickly in USA. Keep up your fine work.
smile.gif

If you had watched the recent video, you would have seen a test of a Merc. dime in the ground, getting whispers of a signal at 12" in true all metal mode, which still gives you a VDI number, (not accurate at great depths) plus the ability use iron audio to rule out iron.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GARRETT AT MAX COIL TO THE SOIL DEPTH TEST (video) I am honored that you are following me around with your Douce. You have some interesting comparisons. The AT MAX was not designed to beat out other metal detectors. Depth alone should never be the number one reason for purchasing a metal detector, just as speed is not the number one reason for purchasing a car. However......for the cost of the MAX vs, the DOUCE, you sure get a lot of bang for your buck, plus it's made in USA and works as good in water as on land. Problems with unit? Repaired quickly in USA. Keep up your fine work.
smile.gif

If you had watched the recent video, you would have seen a test of a Merc. dime in the ground, getting whispers of a signal at 12" in true all metal mode, which still gives you a VDI number, (not accurate at great depths) plus the ability use iron audio to rule out iron.

John,

Thanks for stopping by. When is Garrett going to release that there new fangled AT Max pod detector? BTW if you are really having that much trouble spelling, you can use the title of the forum as as a cheat sheet. Have you ever even tested a Deus? Calabash and I both had AT Pros for years as have several other Deus users. You can see by my profile that I am not brand loyal. But if you are going to come over here and throw shade on a detector you apparently have not swung for hundreds of hours like we have both the Deus and Garrett (as well as Minelabs and Whites and First Texas rigs in my case), then save your made in the USA for the Garrett forum, not that I am not appreciative that a Canadian is proud of his made in the USA detector. I'm a big proponent of right tool for the job. Deus is not the end all and be all, but neither is the Max. Looking forward to testing it in October when my buddy brings it to the tough Virginia mineralized soil to see what it can do on a serious relic hunt. Looks like Garrett made some great tweaks vs. the Pro with the Max, we'll see how that pans out in a tough, real world test come October (provided Garrett delivers, that is).

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This really shouldn't even be a discussion.....us owners of both manufactures know the "douche" is in a different class. It's so much more versital and just all around better.... I would have paid $500 more if I had to choose between the two.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its only a discussion because of the hype this guy is pushing... AT MAX FINDS FLOUR GOLD. REALLY . I quoted his chart in my video from the post bench tested the at max on the garret forum where it says the max air test a silver dime at 9 inchs..... Btw to defend a position some months back he stated (there was no such thing as a better detector) that's pretty lame but the newbies might buy into it. Ive got my eye on his post about the max and when it comes out will buy one and compare it to the gold. as for my research give me just a minute... this is your chart correct??? AT MAX Items tested.jpg

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have said "this argument" - your research and discussions are appreciated, I appreciate everyones research....side note, I've found more silver with my first detector, Ace 350 than I have with my Deus....but guess which one I think is better....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go even farther and say the ace series has found more silver coins in the U.S. than the deus. To be honest I'm tired of the hyped up info on detectors . Money is hard to come by. Will the at max live up to the expectations we will see..... I know someone testing the thing it has 1/2 to inch over the gold... I was told minimal depth increase.

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes exactly, if you can only afford an $800 machine the MAX I'm sure will be a great choice, but if you have that extra 4 - $500 the Deus is the way to go.....as far as depth, with your sandy soil, I see that's why it's a strong case for you, where I hunt either clay or shale is keeping targets under 10"

Also like to add that the machine that's around $2500 that has a pretty color screen, GPS, and shows nice pictures of pull tabs and pennies is worthless fluff and a waste of money. I could not wait to dump that thing.

Last edited:

Cuyamaca

May 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus
AT Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, could you please post all your Relic program values? I'd like to try it out.
Was Deus Fast the start off program?
Best regards,
C

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a video on my channel where I talk about my relic settings. this is the link..

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a video on my channel where I talk about my relic settings. this is the link..

But then he has to sit through the intro. Gotcha big buddy - lol.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What up with the Flame from the Canada Garrbagge AT POS lover?
This is the Deus form, we don't want to hear about those junk products... can I go over there and tell them just how much I hate the grip, the handle, the balance, the sounds and the display? Oh... It can go in water though! Yea, tie an anchor to it and put it on the bottom of the lake where it belongs.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's to wake you up and make sure your paying attention! lol
But then he has to sit through the intro. Gotcha big buddy - lol.

Morpheus32

Jun 28, 2017
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Delta 4000, Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smile.gif

Well I have to admit I am rather disappointed in the tone of your post. Given we are from the same town, I was following your posts. Unfortunately, you comments here come off clearly unprofessional, which you seem to strive to work on in your previous videos and posts, not to mention you come off like bias fanboy of Garrett, particularly given you were given one for evaluation it seems. The others have responded but I felt the need to reply. Calabash was making a point and you could have replied a WAY more constructive manner. In all things, civil discussion, even if you don't like the detector is of more value than a clear slag on the XP Deus to promote another product.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread