TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought a Deus... already I am liking the depth and target separation. That said, let me add a few things here that I have experienced with this machine..
First I have been metal detecting for almost 30 years, so I have plenty of background experience, just not with the DEUS, that said, I bought the 9 inch HF elliptical coil and have the large 11 inch standard and 9 1/2 inch standard as well.
I can tell from my short experience that if you want GOLD, the HF Elliptical coil in the 74 freq. mode is super sensitive and will pick up just about any small piece of GOLD that you wave in front of it, I use the AUTO TRACK for ground balance,
and listen for any signal that is SOLID ... I am accustomed to a detector with a digital numeric readout, that gives me ideas of what a target is... and this can be useful but the DEUS will change those numbers if you change the FREQ.
at the HF 74 freq. all targets of any size get HIGH numbers.. where my Whites DFX puts a nickel at 18-20, the DEUS in this config, puts it at 85. a zinc on the DFX is at 60-65 on the DEUS its at 95, copper pennies come up at 78-80 on DFX and 96 on DEUS with dime at 97 and quarters at 98 respectively. these numbers drop extensively if you use the other coils with lower freq. I was using the DEUS on the beach in COLOMBIA SOUTH AMERICA where there is tons of trash and
iron bottle caps from beer. The HF 9 in coil in this config is the only one that would pretty much knock out those bottle caps.... the other coils would give a solid coin signal of 95 or higher for them.. making in a very big headache to use..
that said, the HF coil in 74 freq. take out almost all IRON, (not all, so nobody shank me for this) but it is also super sensitive to small gold, I have an extensive collection of gold stuff and things my DFX won't touch are, most all gold chains.
BROKEN gold rings, PIECES of gold rings, fragments of chains...
The DEUS in 74 freq. will pick up all of these things and will pick up the SMALLEST shreds of aluminum foil... stuff that will blow in the wind, will blow your ears off... did I say sensitive ??
I have not found gold with the DEUS, but I'm sure its not because it won't see it...
that said... IRON goes to about number 25-30 after that is when you start getting the tiniest fragments of foil an chains... the broken rings or fragments there of.. come in at about 35-40 and bigger shreds of aluminum come in at about 50-60.
Remember Nickels come in at 85. So below that your going to get your small gold rings (65-80) and aluminum fragments.. (DEUS HF COIL IN 74 FREQ ONLY) In playgrounds I have gotten 35's only not to be able to find them... something half the size of a BB.. on GOOD SOUNDING TARGETS.. you will also get good depth from this coil, although IMO it can be quiet noisy... in a trashy area...
I have dug many coins in the last two weeks including two silver dimes, and many DEEP modern coins here and in COLOMBIA.. ( my girlfriend is there)
Hope my opinion helps someone...
not really used the other coils much except on the beach with the 11 inch.
Hope this helps.
Richard

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Richard for the in depth review of target ID's. I'm finding similar results with the HF Elliptical Coil.
Best of luck out there!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very good post, thanks

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sorry forgot something, I have the standard 9 inch coil and have yet to find any gold with it at where I have been hunting. I know it struggles with the chain, at least with the settings I have used in the past whereas the ace250 and AT GOLD seemed to have not near the problem. As I have been really finding out and understanding even more, settings and programs are very important and how you have your Deus set up determines the "type" of machine that you are using and thus the type and depth of finds. way cool machine and getting cooler all the time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread