Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Indiana Mark
  • 4 Post By Iron Buzz
  • 1 Post By RustyGold
  • 2 Post By vferrari

Thread: Elliptical hf coil arrived today!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2016
    Northern Indiana
    XP Deus Nokta Impact Whites Coinmaster gt
    327 times
    Metal Detecting

Elliptical hf coil arrived today!

Since fall hunting season is around the corner, recently decided to pull the trigger on the hf elliptical coil. (And it's kind of Calabash Diggers fault, lol)
    Have been intrigued by the hf coils ever since they were first announced. Been watching videos on the elliptical coil (this is where it is kind of Calabash's fault...) and began to feel I really needed this coil!
    Any tips, tricks or words of wisdom welcome.

Calabash, thanks a bunch for the videos you take the time to make. Much appreciated by me and I'm sure many others. (p.s. Was going to buy a hf coil anyway, not really your fault. Just funnin' with you)
    RustyGold and SD51 like this.

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    First Detector: Garret Ace 300 Main Detector: XP Deus Most Recent Detector: Fisher F75 SE
    857 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Mark View Post
    Since fall hunting season is around the corner, recently decided to pull the trigger on the hf elliptical coil. (And it's kind of Calabash Diggers fault, lol)
    Have been intrigued by the hf coils ever since they were first announced. Been watching videos on the elliptical coil (this is where it is kind of Calabash's fault...) and began to feel I really needed this coil!
    Any tips, tricks or words of wisdom welcome.

Calabash, thanks a bunch for the videos you take the time to make. Much appreciated by me and I'm sure many others. (p.s. Was going to buy a hf coil anyway, not really your fault. Just funnin' with you)
    Very first thing you've got to try with it is... crank that sensitivity and just listen to all that quietness!! I don't know what they did, but even at 14K the thing has no EMI! I can crank it to 98 and barely hear chatter.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC
    XP Deus Sovereign GT
    3599 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I agree! I took my new HF Elliptical Coil to the beach for the first time yesterday, loaded the dry beach program and it was very quiet until I hit a target. I even ran it out onto some damp sand and it did not false. It performed great just hunting by the tones. The coil would ID each coin and was clear on the nicklels. The bottle caps had a bit of an edge to their sounds and the pulltabs sounded like treasure. It's an awesome coil.
    calabash digger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with 9 and 11" and 9" HF Coils, XP Wireless Pinpointer, Minelab GPX and Excal II, Garret ATX, Tek T2 Delta, and Omega. Fisher F75 LTD/DST, Whites MXT and MX Sport
    1669 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yeah, I just scoop the pull tabs because sooner or later it will be a ring. With the HF coil though I CAN tell the difference between a nickel and a pull tab. A little harder at the lower frequency and the "mid" high frequency 26.6. in my case for the 9" round hf, really helps me to tell when I am hitting a bottle cap (especially if I add a little silencer). I can just walk right past 'em now.
    RustyGold and calabash digger like this.
    "Aww c'mon guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings and double secret Version 4 variants nowadays."

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links