Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since fall hunting season is around the corner, recently decided to pull the trigger on the hf elliptical coil. (And it's kind of Calabash Diggers fault, lol)
Have been intrigued by the hf coils ever since they were first announced. Been watching videos on the elliptical coil (this is where it is kind of Calabash's fault...) and began to feel I really needed this coil!
Any tips, tricks or words of wisdom welcome.

Calabash, thanks a bunch for the videos you take the time to make. Much appreciated by me and I'm sure many others. (p.s. Was going to buy a hf coil anyway, not really your fault. Just funnin' with you)

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since fall hunting season is around the corner, recently decided to pull the trigger on the hf elliptical coil. (And it's kind of Calabash Diggers fault, lol)
Have been intrigued by the hf coils ever since they were first announced. Been watching videos on the elliptical coil (this is where it is kind of Calabash's fault...) and began to feel I really needed this coil!
Any tips, tricks or words of wisdom welcome.

Calabash, thanks a bunch for the videos you take the time to make. Much appreciated by me and I'm sure many others. (p.s. Was going to buy a hf coil anyway, not really your fault. Just funnin' with you)

Very first thing you've got to try with it is... crank that sensitivity and just listen to all that quietness!! I don't know what they did, but even at 14K the thing has no EMI! I can crank it to 98 and barely hear chatter.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree! I took my new HF Elliptical Coil to the beach for the first time yesterday, loaded the dry beach program and it was very quiet until I hit a target. I even ran it out onto some damp sand and it did not false. It performed great just hunting by the tones. The coil would ID each coin and was clear on the nicklels. The bottle caps had a bit of an edge to their sounds and the pulltabs sounded like treasure. It's an awesome coil.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I just scoop the pull tabs because sooner or later it will be a ring. With the HF coil though I CAN tell the difference between a nickel and a pull tab. A little harder at the lower frequency and the "mid" high frequency 26.6. in my case for the 9" round hf, really helps me to tell when I am hitting a bottle cap (especially if I add a little silencer). I can just walk right past 'em now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread