Deus noob has questions...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had no issue with the button placement, never bothered connecting it to the Deus just used it in stand alone mode. I mean what's the point really other than hearing it in the headphones, didn't even need a tone the vibration was enough.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to use it in pitch mode, very sensitive esp small targets since it acts like a threshold detector in that mode. So, I guess for some of us, there is a point. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I am also not going to apologize for using it connected either even if you may think less of me for doing so. Lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How sensitive is it to small targets, will it hit on small gold? Maybe I'll run some tests. Also read about people complaining about glitches when connecting/disconnecting the MI-6 and didn't want to deal with that.

I liked that it was fast disconnected, press button, recover target, press button. For health reasons I need to keep the kneeling to a bare minimum right hip recently replaced and still healing, the left is going bad.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might find the noise blips, the unpredictable threshold noise, and disconnect issues annoying. I have not tested it precisely regarding small mid-conductor objects like small bits of natural gold, but if hunting relatively shallow targets (i.e., 5 in or less), I can just place the tip on the top of the grass, get an idea of where the target is then cut the plug. Just keeps things a little neater and I have learned to just tune out the extraneous noise stuff. The other thing I occasionally use it for is to find small targets that slip through my sand scoop screen. The HF coil sees these things and I have taken to using the pinpointer to see just what these are (I had never bothered to use a pinpointer at the beach when I have a scoop). I have found small metallic rhinestone holders and what appear to be watch gears in the sand with this thing. You should run some air tests or dirt tests with small gold to see if it is worth the trip, the other annoyances not withstanding. It may or may not be worth it.

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased the Deus primarily for hunting GOLD so I have no problem notching out all the high conductors which will make crown caps go away on the Deus. For high conductive coins I'll have to avoid crown cap infested sites just not a good fit for the Deus. Also looking for the Deus to perform at a few sites locally the Explorer can't handle. Combination of rusty nails and magnetic volcanic black sand, a combination that blinds the Explorer and cuts depth to about 5 inches. Some sites are undetectable with an Explorer, even the 8 inch coil its like detecting on a cast iron plate the machine just squeals and overloads. These first few park hunts with the Deus is just to get a feel for the machine before I wade into the nightmare sites.

Yes I am that Charles (UpstateNY) from 2000 and yes I'm still modding my Explorers :laughing7:

View attachment 1495871

View attachment 1495872

View attachment 1495874

lol

I posted under C.C. there.

Damn that looks good. I think I need one! :tongue3:

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Dang thats a nice hand of nuggets!!

I heard of the potato patch, but not in NY..lol

Loving the HF coil on gold, it sings a nice tune.

OP
OP
C

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My HF coil test on small gold yesterday, I was impressed.

dg2.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PS that hand of nuggets was from only 2 hours digging that morning, they picked them out with a ML gold detector from the pile. Of course they were digging with an excavator and the hole was about 20 foot deep to get to the pay layer.

57buick

Greenie
Sep 18, 2017
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
CTX3030
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had no issue with the button placement, never bothered connecting it to the Deus just used it in stand alone mode. I mean what's the point really other than hearing it in the headphones, didn't even need a tone the vibration was enough.

The point? Well I love the fact that with my MI6 connected when you switch it on the menu for it is right there on the remote screen. SO I can adjusted the sensitivity etc quickly on the remote screen and the tone settings without remembering a stupid sequence of button pushes on the pin pointer lol There is no way I can remember all the many settings and button pushes without looking at a diagram and instructions

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread