Update? or Not?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I haven't updated yet either. (waiting for all the bugs to die)
There are a few advantages to the update without the addition of the HF coils or pinpointer.
Preprogramed settings running V2, V3.2 and V4 filters, 2.5 reactivity and -6.5 disc. to name a few.
But if you are like me... V3.2 is working fine.
Don't know though, those HF coils are looking better and better all the time.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im still using 3.2.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't updated yet either. (waiting for all the bugs to die)
There are a few advantages to the update without the addition of the HF coils or pinpointer.
Preprogramed settings running V2, V3.2 and V4 filters, 2.5 reactivity and -6.5 disc. to name a few.
But if you are like me... V3.2 is working fine.
Don't know though, those HF coils are looking better and better all the time.
Yeah,I'm not planning on buying any new coils! (not yet anyway!):laughing7: I'm a LF guy! I almost exclusivley coinshoot,and really like 4-8k kHz. They hit coins like a hammer!

Last edited:

Mike G.

May 4, 2017
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still using 3.2 also. I don't have a need for the HF coils for the type of hunting I do. Besides the new negative disc. settings which I can't use in my ground and the updated auto ground tracking that I don't use also I see nothing in the V4 programs that would improve program wise what I already use.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reactivity 2.5 is awesome, but I can understand why someone wouldn't want to spend the money to do the software upgrade.

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did upgrade a few days ago (had to)

I am also a dedicated 8k person, too.

Until now it does not fully convince me:

Compared to V 3.2 with my usual settings:

-Machine is quite "nervous" and "chattery" -> annoying
-Shown value on display is now different, I halfway remember some "normalization is now coded in -> could be turned off or better Ishould get used to it

Can´t say I am rolling back, got to have afew more sessions with it and now got the new pinpointer which could be paired, but from the first hunt only: "meh, V4 is not a must have"

Disclaimer: Other people, other soils, other targets may come to another conclusion.

Greets Namxat

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

-Shown value on display is now different, I halfway remember some "normalization is now coded in -> could be turned off or better Ishould get used to it

Can´t say I am rolling back, got to have afew more sessions with it and now got the new pinpointer which could be paired, but from the first hunt only: "meh, V4 is not a must have"

Disclaimer: Other people, other soils, other targets may come to another conclusion.

Greets Namxat

Yes, many many others have come to another conclusion but I think the game changer(s) are the hf coils which are quiet as a mouse.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally prefer the 4.1 over the 3.2. Seems more stable and clean on the audio and better overall I.D.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Greets Namxat

I am an 8k guy as well and I don't have any issues with v4. It has a ton of good features.
Are you using stock programs? I use 2 or 3 renditions of v4 Sifter. A couple tweaks here and there and have them saved with different names. Don't see/hear any "nervous" and "chattery" like you mention. As to the display values, did you go in and turn ID norm off? That is a must if you are gonna look at the screen.
Maybe this will help... maybe not. Hope you give it another chance and explore some of the new settings.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Helpful tip Stretch. I use version 4 and love it. Zero experience with previous versions.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Helpful tip Stretch. I use version 4 and love it. Zero experience with previous versions.

You're welcome RG! Glad to help when I can. The Deus thread is one of my fav's. Lots of good guys and gals sharing stories, settings and helping each other out.... imagine if the whole world was like this?

DukeBoxer

Feb 3, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave and Compadre
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, many many others have come to another conclusion but I think the game changer(s) are the hf coils which are quiet as a mouse.

I'm thinking about getting this machine and read in here every now and then but this caught my eye and I wanted to comment...XP charges for the software upgrade?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was being sarcastic.

FWest

Jun 27, 2017
Detector(s) used
EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was watching XP Deus videos recently. They mentioned a couple of the stock programs , in v4.0, use previous versions "filters" ? Wouldn't that mean you could use them and the unit would be just like the older program versions ?

DukeBoxer

Feb 3, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave and Compadre
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reactivity 2.5 is awesome, but I can understand why someone wouldn't want to spend the money to do the software upgrade.

This is the one I meant to quote

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the one I meant to quote

Yeah, I was being sarcastic in that post. I knew that's what you meant to refer to just didn't bother to call it out. Software updates are free for as long as you own the Deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread