Some vintage finds with Eliptical

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my iron trash beach today had some luck with some interesting finds. I used a strong magnet to help remove some of the iron.

Nothing really valuable but I find them interesting and I believe fairly old. The stud ear ring sure got my attention.

A gold plated lead ring with red stones, a child's ring with a T on it. A couple wheaties. A small bi plane which I think is a crackerjack toy from 1920's. A lead toy soldier. And what I think is a CZ fake diamond stud ear ring.

old finds.jpg

stone.jpg bii.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is what the higher frequencies are very good at, SMALL targets! That is why we use them for gold prospecting sub-gram gold pickers! Nice Finds! :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice group of finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.....here's a pic of what the beach is like. It is rare that a good find doesn't have 1 or 2 nails in the scoop with it. The little elliptical along with a modified FAST program really shine in this crap.

This is just from a couple hour hunt this AM.

iron.JPG

All this iron is the only reason I can still make good finds at this beach after years of being pounded by other hunters. Everyone else spends 10 minutes detecting and says "screw it" and leaves in disgust :hello2:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
overwhelmed by the iron I'm sure, to pick out good targets and little ones at that is impressive. I can see needing that set up for an area like that.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
To bad that magnet doesn't pickup that aluminum crap too.
My yard is similar with the nails and tin.
I use a magnet there too.
Great finds in a VERY difficult site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread