WS5 vs Deteknix headphones

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to add that after using my Deteknix now for a number of days that I'm still thrilled with them.

Glad you like them. If that mono problem happens again, try Cleaning off the metallic contacts on the bottom of the puck. One may have some corrosion or dirt so it could be causing a high impedance on one Speaker. Just a guess.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine worked Good for 2 weeks then they just went to the right side... not the side with puck, but other side.. worked Good Until then.... I’m going to contact detecknix about this

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is practically brand new... could this be the problem? I can hear some if I take off the right side but it’s very faint and distant....

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this is your problem but the few cases that I know of with my friends, when there are sound issues when using the puck, it was always improper seating of the puck. Try reattaching the puck a few times and see if that helps.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked both my Deteknix/WS4 and my WS5 phones the other day, and they were both coming in mono, so apparently my problem is in the controller, which will be going back for a new keypad as soon as the ground freezes here anyway. (yes, I tried turning the phones around to make sure I hadn't just gone deaf in one ear LOL!)

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the Deteknix for about 1 month, maybe 2. All I can say, superb! I prefer them over the WS4 by a whole lot.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning,

There is a very good review on the sounds/comfort level of all XP Deus after market headphones on YouTube. Just do a search for "Deus Headphone Shootout" on YouTube and you will find it. (I would put a link here but this old iPad won't let me) He even plays the sounds from each so you can hear what each one sounds like. Hope that helps :)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OT: DeepDigs - dig your signature quote - it is so true that no place is truly hunted out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread