Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The controller connection on my buddy's 3 year old Deus had become so worn and loose that it was continually falling off at the least provocation. He recently replaced the clip, and it is fine now, but I'm finding that my 2 year old Deus is now starting to fall off on occasion when I bump it slightly. I'm afraid of losing it in the woods. Has anyone come up with a solution other than getting a new clip? I wouldn't say that mine is ready for a warranty repair yet, but bad enough to cause some concern.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a lanyard on a waterproof phone case.... looking for a pic or the thread.
Can hang around neck. I don't look at the screen much and barley make any changes so I could almost leave it in the car after I turn it on and click my fav prog.
I think the clip is like $20... thought someone made a 3rd party one... trying to remember.
That clip is the weak link on the Deus. I had wondered how long it would take till it didnt clip in nice and tight. 2 -3 years is pretty good.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a lanyard on a waterproof phone case.... looking for a pic or the thread.
Can hang around neck. I don't look at the screen much and barley make any changes so I could almost leave it in the car after I turn it on and click my fav prog.
I think the clip is like $20... thought someone made a 3rd party one... trying to remember.
That clip is the weak link on the Deus. I had wondered how long it would take till it didnt clip in nice and tight. 2 -3 years is pretty good.
I'm always looking at the screen as well as listening to the sounds. I also use the remote to switch between a higher frequency and 4k to identify bottlecaps, as well as simply switching back and forth between programs.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
XP Deus Control unit Tether

Works well, the above link shows a nice teather.

I'm still waiting for my updated charging clip from that guy. I bought one, found that it doesn't work on the HF coils. He's promised me a new one, but so far it hasn't shown up. Looks like a good idea, though... do you use one?

DALPAL

Sep 11, 2005
I wrap electrical tape around the bottom of the controller and the handle. The tape is supple enough so the bottom button can be pushed easily. Not pretty but has save my contoller many times in brushy areas.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Moe at Detector Electronics. He'll send you a new one under warranty.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wrap electrical tape around the bottom of the controller and the handle. The tape is supple enough so the bottom button can be pushed easily. Not pretty but has save my contoller many times in brushy areas.

Well, for that matter, I guess I could even glue the controller to the handle, but I think I'd rather not.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Moe at Detector Electronics. He'll send you a new one under warranty.
I don't think mine is loose enough for that yet, but that is what my buddy did. And I suspect mine will be in that condition after another season.

I guess I'll look into the Arcya case, although I'm not thrilled with the added bulk. People sure sound happy with it, though.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still waiting for my updated charging clip from that guy. I bought one, found that it doesn't work on the HF coils. He's promised me a new one, but so far it hasn't shown up. Looks like a good idea, though... do you use one?

In addition to the lanyard, I think that guy also makes a replacement stem mount for the Deus that tends to not loosen up, but I have not tried it so I can't say whether its worth it to buy that one vs. get the warranty replacement.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I received the new, modified charging clip today. For various reasons, it did take quite a while, but the replacement fits both the LF and the HF ellipitcal coil now. I can now recommend it as a replacement for XP's easily breakable plastic clip.

XP Deus coil charging clip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread